Butane Burner

misfish

Brian, are you talking about the porta-stove, one burner? If so a canister will last you about 6h on high... that's what I use for boiling the deer rack when I have one to do of course :)

Just make sure that you don't leave outside over night in the freezing cold prior leaving cause you'll have a hard time igniting your stove ;)

Butane is not as volatile as propane :)

Yeah thats the one J. Im looking it over and trying to see if I can convert it over to propane.

Nothing worse then a cold lighter and ya got no matches.LOL

I hear you B.

I don't think you can convert them to propane though... just make sure you leave the canister indoors prior to leaving and you should be fine :) that is in the winter time ;)

The unit can't be safely converted to propane the orifices are larger for butane. The unit I have I use to melt lead in a small lead ladle and it seems that if you don't have a pan or pot on it the heat does not warm up the butane tank and the flame gets weak as the can gets colder. I usually have to warm up the canister with my leather glove to get the flame back up higher. I guess if you keep a pot of water on it it will work and also add humidity to the hut. A minor concern also is it does not have a low oxygen cut off.

Art

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever lug a 20lb propane cylinder out with me. I even had a hard time staying inside my own hut when fishing...Lol.

I'm wondering though, is there a product that works as both a heater and stove?

guys heat with the mister buddy and cook with it too

I have seen people who make a special rack to hold the pot to boil water

and the one that Irishfield is using can come with the connection of 1lb tanks

I have used this one to heat and cook with on the ice

230658_Large_1.jpeg

Edited by Terry

EC1 ... There is one product: it's called your BBQ. I don't use it in winter time anyways so I take the guts out. Hot dog on ice are awesome. Think I will actually get a real heater for this winter. Got

to look like I know what I'm doing out there lol

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever lug a 20lb propane cylinder out with me. I even had a hard time staying inside my own hut when fishing...Lol.

I'm wondering though, is there a product that works as both a heater and stove?

I sure hope you're a lot older than Terry or I if you need to "lug" that 20lb'r! :sarcasm: You can put it on a 5lb'r if you're out of shape!

Heater and stove... is that not what I'm showing?.. or are you looking for an oven?

Also remember... what I am showing is a catalytic heater... equals LESS chance of carbon monoxide poisoning vs open flame heaters. And I emphasis less... as you have to use common sense with any heater in a hut(including the wood stove!)

Edited by irishfield