Fishing in Yellowknife

mr blizzard

I want to thank Drifter for taking my son out yesterday pike fishing. If it were not for the OFC we would never have had the pleasure crossing paths with Dave. Because of this we made the move from Barrie to Yellowknife 6 weeks ago. It was a big move but the opportunities here are amazing. As for the recreation and fishing, Daves pics say it all. We look forward to posting more topics and pics as we settle in. To ice fish in early December well it does not get any better....Drifter really knows his stuff. HGope u OFNers back east get some good ice soon, cheers.

I envy you and Drifter. I would much rather live up that way then around southern ontario. Yea steelhead are awesome to fish but fishing up there doesnt see the pressure and your not arm to arm with every one.

Congrats on the move to. That is a hell of a change.

Edited by Live2fish85

Thanks everyone, there are no villages on the ice up here, just great fishing peace and solitude. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: . It took our family a year or so to make the decision for all the reasons that a family has to consider but I wish we had have done it 10 years ago. We will have pics and stories to follow. DAVE............ lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's certainly a place I would have considered too. It's a real cool city up there, and a personal friend; whom like Dave, has made it his chosen home for life. Once upon a time it was almost going to be Whitehorse for me as the annual climate is pretty much identical to Attawapiskats. Had to see about a girl first though...

Good on ya Dave for showing the newcomers around. Ice fishing is something one would HAVE to love doing ALOT if living there.