Notty's blown out today

Familyfisherman

at least a good portion is C&R not like a few other slaughter houses around...

One of the reasons I love fishing the stretch from Angus to Alliston. C&R. FUN FUN FUN. If I want a feed of trout,I head to a local place for my needs.

Ah Bill, :whistling: hear ya.

Best thing that's ever happened to that river. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more Gbay tribs follow suit.

100% agree, the amount of guys fishing this fall everyday is crazy. I also can't believe how many guys are there day after day taking home fish. Hope some changes are made soon the CO's are all for it and see the damage thats being done.

Would love to see a Tag system implemented on the Notty. Wonder how many fish at any given time are in some of the "Angus crews" freezers

Lol.

Way to generalize.... Its always the meat hunting locals fault... :wallbash:

Who exactly is going to enforce a tag system?

The Co's that are already spread so thin they can't even properly enforce the C&R section or the 2 fish possesion limit?

In all the hours I've spent on that river over the past 13-14 years the closest I have come to seeing a CO is the card that was left on my windshield 2 years ago.

If they make it past 'the kill zone' they're lucky! lol

You'd be surprised Bill. I seen alot of prime spawning hens released by the most unlikely candidates this fall in the lower sections. I think catch and release really is starting to catch on for some anyways....

"Angus crew" are not all from Angus but fish it daily @ hwy 90.

Check out how Florida manages their Tarpon tags. Not saying go that extreme but it's an idea.

No COs in 13-14years... Better get out a bit more lol.

Thou I agree that it's a well known problem that They are spread sparingly to start.

You'd be surprised Bill. I seen alot of prime spawning hens released by the most unlikely candidates this fall in the lower sections. I think catch and release really is starting to catch on for some anyways....

Education is way cheaper then a tag system :) I never fish the lower stretches, so I'm only going by the handful of times I've ever fished right in Angus. I've gotten some strange looks after releasing fish :)

Let's hope the winter weather gets her so everyone will start ice fishing. More reports on Simcoe, less on the rivers.

while i understand where you're coming from, i see no harm in posting reports on water conditions, daily catches, or what presentations worked that day. a general report like this causes no harm.

IMO, your post is worse than the OP as it states a specific place to fish. you're clearly against people posting reports on rivers, but yet you tell everyone there's fish to be caught in angus. just sayin... :whistling:

I never fish the lower stretches, so I'm only going by the handful of times I've ever fished right in Angus. I've gotten some strange looks after releasing fish :)"

while i understand where you're coming from, i see no harm in posting reports on water conditions, daily catches, or what presentations worked that day. a general report like this causes no harm.

IMO, your post is worse than the OP as it states a specific place to fish. you're clearly against people posting reports on rivers, but yet you tell everyone there's fish to be caught in angus. just sayin... :whistling:

You see no harm in up to date water conditions, fish caught and what presentations worked?

I guess you like people doing the leg work for you :)

BTW, mentioning Angus is like mentioning Erindale park on the Credit (OMG did I just ruin that fishery to?!??!?!)

100% agree, the amount of guys fishing this fall everyday is crazy. I also can't believe how many guys are there day after day taking home fish. Hope some changes are made soon the CO's are all for it and see the damage thats being done.

I thought notty is is no kill zone.

Would love to see a Tag system implemented on the Notty. Wonder how many fish at any given time are in some of the "Angus crews" freezers

Lol.

Ya, wonder how many many whities are in the freezers from the lowlanders around Innisfil and their retarded parking rules and outrageous parking rates.

Ya, wonder how many many whities are in the freezers from the lowlanders around Innisfil and their retarded parking rules and outrageous parking rates.

Yeah it's easy to change the subject and point fingers at other fisheries. Fact of the matter is that it's the same "type" of angler that abuse a fishery. Angus,Innisfil,Jackson Point,Gbay shore lines, the list goes on. Every night for weeks I saw the same guy cleaning fish at the fish cleaning station on hwy 90. Its pretty hard to argue that there's a serious problem there.

As far as a tag system lets be realist.If we don't have the cash to enforce the current laws then how are we going to monitor a tagging system? It would more benefical to make some other tribs C&R as well and maybe extend the C&R zone on the notty

Yeah it's easy to change the subject and point fingers at other fisheries. Fact of the matter is that it's the same "type" of angler that abuse a fishery. Angus,Innisfil,Jackson Point,Gbay shore lines, the list goes on. Every night for weeks I saw the same guy cleaning fish at the fish cleaning station on hwy 90. Its pretty hard to argue that there's a serious problem there.

As far as a tag system lets be realist.If we don't have the cash to enforce the current laws then how are we going to monitor a tagging system? It would more benefical to make some other tribs C&R as well and maybe extend the C&R zone on the notty

Well if you see the same guy cleaning fish every night, there's the option of calling the MNR. I would rather see the present C&R zone become a no fish zone outright. At least then there's a good area for the fish to grow, spawn and not be bothered.

Well if you see the same guy cleaning fish every night, there's the option of calling the MNR. I would rather see the present C&R zone become a no fish zone outright. At least then there's a good area for the fish to grow, spawn and not be bothered.

I've made more then my fair share of phone calls on both the tribs and in the winter on Simcoe.

Making the present C&R zone a out right no fish zone isn't going to accomplish anything.

The fish aren't spawning in those areas and they aren't spending much of there early life there either. How many parr have you caught in the Notty? The headwaters and the tribs that flow into notty are the main spawning areas and most are fairly well protected as it is.

They don't spawn in the C&R zone.... Making it a no fish zone would be pointless.