Mississauga Welder Needed (NF - Sort of)

LeXXington

Hey All:

figure we have lots of people on the board that have access to various tools. I have 2 brackets on my boat that have cracked due to stress or just plain installed to tight. One part is attached to the boat the other part too the seat mounts with a crack down the middle.

I spoke to the dealer for my boat and they said to drag it too Barrie leave it for a couple weeks and it will be all fixed under warranty, I figure just the gas too drive there would be more than the cost of doing the work never mind the leaving the boat for a couple weeks,

So I ask them, its only 2 brackets about 5 inches long, that is not related to hull structure can I find a local person to do this without voiding the warranty sure they tell me.

So is there anyone who has welding skills in Mississauga that has some free time in the next 2 weeks to weld 2 brackets. Please PM me.

Thanks LeXX

MIG Welding was originally developed for welding aluminum and other non-ferrous materials in the 1940s. You just need the right wire and gas mixture (and a bit of experience LOL). My son has all three.

TIG is most commonly used to weld thin sections of stainless steel and light metals such as aluminum, magnesium, and copper alloys, It could be used on aluminum boats and supports but it is a slower process and better suited to small, very thin sections. (besides, my son doesn't have a TIG welder LOL).

My son will be down here next weekend with this mig welder, If you care to haul it up to Lindsay I'm sure he'd weld it for you for free if you are willing to give us a hand with repairing my marine railway.

I must say, we have never met but from the posts I see from you offering to help anybody you can speaks volumes about you...

Craig

Just trying to pay if forward Craig! Besides, I can't sing, I can't dance, and I don't have any money. About the only thing I can do is help others when I get the chance. It's kind of a selfish thing though because it always makes me feel good! :D

Just trying to pay if forward Craig! Besides, I can't sing, I can't dance, and I don't have any money. About the only thing I can do is help others when I get the chance. It's kind of a selfish thing though because it always makes me feel good! :D

Now that is one hell of a mission statement!

Good on you Big Cliff

Whopper