Shore Fishing Spot

CRAPPIE

Thanks guys whether you give me a good advise or no advise.

I just asking for help and I did post my fishing report with pictures before. But the feedback after I posted make me think twice. I posted the pictures of bass and walleye and people tell me why I kept the fish that size and I explained to them I just want to mount one good size bass on my wall and only kept one walleye for the dinner table. I don't eat fish that much but once in a while by keeping few fish I think this is ok. Also I just keep the fish within the legal limit.

I saw some other post people saying why the other member kept small sizes perch even they were not over kept the limit but people still saying they should realease the fish. Perch is not a big size fish anyway. I don't blame people keeping their legal limit because this is their right and they did contribute by renewing and purchase the outdoor card before they can allowed to fish.

Also I just want some help to get the general area only and no intention to have a hope to get lots of fish at this time of year. Just want to bring my old man to go out to relax and enjoy after a busy week work.

Anyway, thanks again for the opinion you have suggested!

Crappie

i dont think your right to keep fish should grant you just that in every body of water or just because one fish species is smaller then another.theres alot to take into consideration depending on what body of water your on,big or small.some of them big bass,pike,musky or walleye,got that big because of an abundant food source or the lack of competition because of catch what you keep fishing.if perch is the main forage and everyone decides to keep their limits day in to day out,that plays a negative role on everything as well.years of keep what you catch fishing does play a huge role in a fishery,big or small.think about all them perch you ice throughout the winter,they are full of eggs and will never drop them to reproduce.granted big water does have bigger numbers but scale that down to small lakes when limits are kept by a number of people,it hurts that fishery and every species that prey on them...some places cant take the pressure of a ton of anglers,especially when keeping fish.keep in mind,that big fish,make a potential big fish.as a general,a 18-20" bass is about 18-20 years old...you take that,you forever take a good genetic strain and the same goes for every species big or small.

i as well remember your posts on other boards asking for fishing locations and not everyone is "warm" to coughing that info up.i would suggest going on google maps and having a look at whatever body of water/river you intend on fishing and look for suitable access points and go from there....

You know, I understand why some of you don't want spots posted on the forum board. There are good fishermen and bad fishermen who don't appreciate the resource. If I wanted to get an idea of a spot to fish, I would PM someone. Given that, I find it egotistical for some of you guys to think that a resource is for your enjoyment only. For example, I went to Nipissing for vacation, I get to go fishing one week a year usually, run business and have no time. I Google earthed the area, bought a hydrographic map, and have a portable fish finder and yet, if the owner of the lodge had not been forthcoming with a good idea of how to get to an area I could have gone the whole week without fish. When you don't own a boat with a big 150 hp engine that can zoom all over the place in a few minutes you need assistance. If I am out on the water and I'm catching fish and see a man and his son not catching any, I'll tell them what I'm using and the area. The more people that conscientiously use the resource, the better the resouce will survive. Also , as someone who doesn't own a boat, ideas on where to shore fish are greatly appreciated from one who appreciates the resource probably as much or more than anyone here.

Sorry, my two cents worth.

Bill

Edited by fishingBill

I don't personally have a problem with it but don't the boards rules specifically state that you should not post particular spots?

I have always found my own spots. That is half the fun. Finding your own spots is what being an angler and an outdoorsman is all about. Again, I am not being critical, I don't and wouldn't fish any of those spots. I just guess that I have an idea of what an outdoorsman should be and asking strangers on the Internet for specific fishing spots isn't in it. What that is is instant gratification. Not earned.

I don't personally have a problem with it but don't the boards rules specifically state that you should not post particular spots?

I said Barrie,so I broke no rules. :good:

Totally agree with you. Find yer own and a wee bit of direction is not bad either,but not on a open forum.

Guys really?

Somebody asked for a couple of spots and everyone has to be critical. If you don't want to post any useful info, then don't.

The reply button is not mandatory. :wallbash:

It is called a forum.

Geesh Mike, 4:33 PM..... That was quick! ha ha ha (inside joke right there, now that's funny! ha ha ha)....

Cheers, Ron...

Guys really?

Somebody asked for a couple of spots and everyone has to be critical. If you don't want to post any useful info, then don't.

The reply button is not mandatory. :wallbash:

It is called a forum.

Mike, what you are missing is that this same user asked the very same question on the same day on a few boards. as pointing out by others, the OP is always asking for info and not posting a report (even if it's a week or 2 after the time out there fishing). I didn't mention that in my post but it was right there in the front of my mind the whole time. The others are saying what they are because of the "take and not give" posts from the OP. I've deleted a bunch of posts from the OP on another board because that all they ever do is beg for info. it does get rather annoying rather fast.

Geesh Mike, 4:33 PM..... That was quick! ha ha ha (inside joke right there, now that's funny! ha ha ha)....

Cheers, Ron...

not everyone can sneak away at 16:20 Ron ;)

what is up with my notebook? it.s going crazy here :wallbash:

Edited by GBW

Unless it's a cannon, 13 minutes is PLENTY. :P

But come on guys, we're just beating a dead horse now. I'm pretty sure the point was made, and if he does this again, let's make sure we all jump on it.

May I ask politely that one of the mods lock this up?

Unless it's a cannon, 13 minutes is PLENTY. :P

But come on guys, we're just beating a dead horse now. I'm pretty sure the point was made, and if he does this again, let's make sure we all jump on it.

May I ask politely that one of the mods lock this up?

I think you're right. It's gone on long enough.