expedition Packs

luv2drift

"Four Day Trips" or "for day trips". ??

All depends what you're doing and what and how much weight you are carrying. Are you portaging or going by canoe or boat or car camping?

Let me know. Barrels are good for food mostly but can be a pain because they are rigid and always the same volume.

oops sorry missed the canoe/portage section of your post. I would suggest a canoe pack. Say 100L volume.

Nice one is the Woods Mason as it is fairly cheap. There are lots of hight tech ones but I am not a fan.

As for weight the canoe packs really weigh nothing.

backpacks-mason-canoe-pack.jpg

Woods no longer makes any canoe packs.. or anything else for that matter.... if your looking for a canoe apck.. i highly recommend Ostrom Packs hand made in Canada and you'll never wear it out...

http://www.ostrompacks.com/

I agree with you on that one TJQ, I know Bill and Annie personally, and have seen their product. I don't own any of their stuff because I do not need that level of gear, but they hand make everything to a standard no one else does. They can tailor make anything you want also.

I bought one of the first canoe packs he made... I think we actually bought the second prototype at a sports trade show many moons ago... LOL.. its yellow and black.. VERY comfortable to carry and extremely well made.. ill own it for the rest of my life I'm sure...

I think its this one... always remember ... with outdoor gear... ya get what ya pay for...

cannana.jpg

While i agree Ostrom packas are awesome you should look at HeadStrong Packs. These packs are just as rugged as Ostrom, yet their a little less expensive (Still $ 200) and i believe their hip belt is A LOT more comfortable. Plus they look cool too! Here's the website http://www.headstrongpacks.com .

Oh and their made in Canada eh!