Wavespin Spinning Reel

Eazy

Saw the advertisement for this reel on WFN.....Seems to be a pretty cool concept, also has good reviews on cabelas..

I'm thinking it would be a good reel for using braids and super lines, which for me seem to be prone to wind knots, while fishing with jerkbaits.

I saw the ad a few times, and i have never ever gotten a knot or a tangle like they show, on a spinning reel. It would be impossible for anyone with more that 10 minutes experience to load a spinning reel lose enough to get tangled like thatdunno.gif A waste of money IMO.

Hmmm......maybe just a gadget designed to catch fishermen as much as it does fish eh? dry.gif

Now yer talkingood.gif I've fished with people who have never held a rod before.I have seen them cast backwards,sideways,straight up and back into the boat, but i have never seen a birdsnest on their spinning reelsdunno.gif

Now yer talkingood.gif I've fished with people who have never held a rod before.I have seen them cast backwards,sideways,straight up and back into the boat, but i have never seen a birdsnest on their spinning reelsdunno.gif

Hmm.... I have gotten themm many times.... ie, Line twist from drop shotting.

I close the bail with my hand everytime and try to be as careful as I can to prevent line twist, but it still happens.

As far as the reel goes.... what a JOKE ! hahah

Like lunker777, I have trained myself to manually flip the bail over and pull the line tight before starting my retrieve. I don't even think about it when I do it, it just happens. One of my good fishing buddies is a wind knot magnet. He does not flip the bail manually. When we go night fishing, its almost a garantee that he'll have to cut line at some point every time. And its not like this guy is a rookie. Wind knots with 10 pound braid can be a nightmare. And they do happen if you aren't paying attention all the time. The wavespin's design is supposed to prevent this from happening. I'll stick to manually flippin the bail on my stradics.

I have one on my Voltaues and I caught a 350 pound mako shark on scugog in the fall... :whistling:

If it looks like a gimmick, or they are selling it making it look like a gimmick I don't go near it. I learned my lesson a long time ago. If its good for fishing or hunting. you will see it on the water or in the woods before you see it on a commercial.

Edited by jedimaster

Like lunker777, I have trained myself to manually flip the bail over and pull the line tight before starting my retrieve. I don't even think about it when I do it, it just happens. One of my good fishing buddies is a wind knot magnet. He does not flip the bail manually. When we go night fishing, its almost a garantee that he'll have to cut line at some point every time. And its not like this guy is a rookie. Wind knots with 10 pound braid can be a nightmare. And they do happen if you aren't paying attention all the time. The wavespin's design is supposed to prevent this from happening. I'll stick to manually flippin the bail on my stradics.

I use a imilar technique; and I am usually using Stadics too ;-). I reel just enough to flip the bail and then snap the rod back to take up all slack before I begin my retreive. That definitely cuts down on tangles.

Somehow I don't think this is going to live up to their claim as the "greatest fishing invention ever".

Edited by JohnBacon

Buy it now youll get a free Banjo Minno, and a Paul Popiels Pocket Fisherman to boot, wait if you order within the next 10 minutes well include the shipping as well. ah what the hell ill also throw in a bottle of bikini line cream for you wifey or GF, unless you use that stuff yourself, then maybe you might want one of those pink rod and reel combos aka Fisher Girl