Gas Prices Again

ketchenany

You were in the navy , awsome Lew . Don't ask me the year , but when i was sixteen i tryed to join the Army and the sargent told me to go home and come back in a few years , so i bought a trian ticket for 11.25 and boarded for Toronto . My plan back then was to go west and make the big money...lol , which i did , 110.00 a week take home pay , thought i had the world by the tail ....... lol .

, 110.00 a week take home pay , thought i had the world by the tail ....... lol .

Decent $$$$ back in the day Skip.

I went on the Fire Dept in Toronto in '68 and my starting salary was $100 week. It was good pay back then but it was all relative I spose.

My 1st house cost $17,000

I made a mistake when i said 110 take home , it was 110 gross , the rent a week was 13.00$ at the rooming house i was in .....lol , Spadina & Dundas . I did'nt know the city very well then and was afriad i'd get lost taking a bus ,so i walked to and from my job which was at Ossington & Dundas . ...... LOL . Some years later I bought my first house in London for 45,000 .

I made a mistake when i said 110 take home , it was 110 gross , the rent a week was 13.00$ at the rooming house i was in .....lol , Spadina & Dundas . I did'nt know the city very well then and was afriad i'd get lost taking a bus ,so i walked to and from my job which was at Ossington & Dundas . ...... LOL . Some years later I bought my first house in London for 45,000 .

At Spadina and Dundas it was either for the burlesque theatre or the corn beef next door LOL. I had a part time job at the La Salle across the street. Was allowed to cross the street!

that's what they said yesterday, on fumes now! better drop tonight... I never understood the gas companies math, they must have failed Grade 4 math a few times.

I don't know if I'd risk running empty to save less than $2 on a 50L purchase.

Ah the good old days ... lol . Another thought comes to mind reading the two threads ahead of this one . The rooming house buddies i made took me under their wing and showed me how you could save your money and live off the land so to speak . I went along with it for a while as i did'nt have much money when i landed in the big city , 3.75 to be exact . For Ketchenany, Jer and Woodenboater you'll know where i mean when i say , my new buddies would take me to the place beside the Silver Dollar... lol .

lol, went to public school around the corner from 'that place'. classmate's dad ran it, lost track of her, was a cutey, but then I was only in grade 5 or 6. area is kinda same but the waverley brings in some sketch, different kind of sketch and not the good ones. area will be gentrified eventually and with it will go another piece of toronto. too bad only the rich can afford to buy downtown now

man, you're making me miss my youth skipper :(

Sorry WB , it all started with the dam gas price............ lol . Should start a new thread called memory lane , but i dare this is the wrong fourm .

GAS here in Kleinburg/Woody is 116.3 to 118.5

I played Baseball at that school, nothing like playing on pavement!

20100417-Victory-Archive.jpg

20090517-silverdollar-big-thumb-896xauto-6209.jpg

Have you noticed since the Harper government got their majority government, that the gas prices really haven't gone down that much in relation to the price of crude or wholesale gas? I think that they sleep together every night and try to figure how they can really put the screws to us the next day!

Rob C

The other one thats been floating around in the emails i like , every body gets together and for a month where we don't buy gas from one of the name brands so to speak , then the fallowing month we attack another one . Some one showd how this practise would drive the fuel prices down and i for another believe this would work . Just have to get every one on the same page at the same time to pull it off .....lol .

Edited by Skipper " D "

They didn't ask for your res card or are you status ? The odd time I've been in Ohsweken, I've always been carded when getting gas.

Thinking my next personal ride is going to be diesel.

anyone can visit a gas station on the six nations reserve and get gas for at least 5 cents cheaper than off the res. but, you'll save much more if you have a gas card. since the gas cards are issued on the spot and there's basically no control, it's quite easy to find a native that will sell you their card. gas attendants don't ask and the seller will get a new card (for free) the next time they fill up.

that said, i refuse to use gas from the reserve as it makes my atv run bad and i get lower MPG in both my truck and atv. i know of a few people that fill up out there and they've all seen the same thing.

=