GBay Solopaddler Drifter16 Trip Report (late)

Paulus

I recently got a chance to fish with Solopaddler and Drifter16 who was visiting our part of the country, to take in the “summer”-like coniditions (those NWT guys are used to some pretty cold temps!) :worthy: . Our target were some Georgian Bay tributaries that had had a recent dose of rain. The EPIC CHROME SLAUGHTER that we expected never really materialized, but there were definitely enough fish around to make a decent go of it. The motherlode was definitely out there, but we never lucked into it. :wallbash: All fish were bright, energetic and a little on the small side (from a Lake Ontario steelhead perspective), and, although we didn’t get quite the quantity we expected, we got into them fairly consistently throughout the day. :clapping:

As usual, laughs and chortles were pretty much non-stop throughout the day, so we did get the motherlode as far as that’s concerned, :rofl2: and that’s usually the whole point anyway. If you can’t enjoy yourself, you won’t have a good day – no matter how many fish you drag to the bank!

I’ve included a lot of doubles, hopefully for your viewing pleasure :).

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5861.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

p.-

Yeah it was nice to get out.

Would have been better under different circumstances though.

It's riding the sled and drilling holes from here on out for me now though. :)

1st ice fishing trip of the year is planned for this weekend. :good:

It was good to see you guys again.

Take it easy and poke some chromers for me will ya? ;)

Hearing that from you, is making it even harder and harder to hold myself back. haha maybe I will wait till Christmas rolls around and buy myself a xmas gift.

You don't just "buy" a DeMarco. You place an order with Adam then unless you're very lucky, wait very patiently 'till your reel arrives. Sometimes the wait can be long. :)

You don't just "buy" a DeMarco. You place an order with Adam then unless you're very lucky, wait very patiently 'till your reel arrives. Sometimes the wait can be long. :)

Or you can just buy Mike's when he puts it up for sale. :tease::tease::tease:

I don't think he's ever held onto one for too long. :rofl2::rofl2: