My Hunting season

Jay T

It has been a long time since I have posted anything...

So this year I thought I would do something a little different. I went on a Black Russian Boar hunt in Michigan. We set out for our trip on Sept 8 to arrive their at dinner time, and then quickly go and check out the place we were hunting for these beasts. It was a very nice well kept lodge, and the staff were amazing and very friendly, it was unfortunate that we couldn't stay at the lodge due to too many hunters in camp that week for Elk. So we stayed at a piece of crap motel about 20 min away, the price was right, but the owner was a real piece of work! Anyways we got all our gear ready that night and had a few pints and called it a night.

We woke up nice and early all eager to go and stalk these pigs. We arrived at the lodge they had breakfast waiting for us, inhaled the meal and got our bows and headed to the area to hunt. It didn't take long, I was set up in position and a big boar came walking by about 60 yards away, I tried to put a stalk on him but he busted me and took off. About 20 min later my dad ended up getting his pig, it was a good size pig but it was a feral pig not a Russian, either way he was a happy camper. The three other guys all got their pigs before lunch, I on the other hand kept getting close but no real good kill shot and I wanted a bigger one.

After lunch I head back out with my guide and we ended up at the water hole so we took a breather and next thing you know we were surrounded by pigs! There had to of been 30 plus pigs but if you moved they would be gone so I just had to stand still and wait and wait and wait until they all moved off then we could put a stalk on a few bigger ones. I must have done about 12 more stalks and nothing they kept in the thick stuff and would present me with a shot. At about 5pm my guide grabs me and points to this big Russian in the mud about 80 yards away, it was below me and couldn't see me so I booked it close so when it came up out of the mud bath I would have a great shot. It worked out perfect, she came up and over the lip to the mud hole and stands 45 yards quartering away from me, I put the pin on and let my arrow fly and I made a perfect shot! It took off and ran about 20 yards and dropped, got up to her and the Rage broadhead laid the smack down on this piggy. Here is the picture just after I shot it and it hanging.

Deer hunting.

I went out the first time this year on the 16th of October, the weather has been crappy or too warm to get out so I left my area alone. So I head out to my tree get my stand on and climb up, pull the bow up and settle in for the evening hunt. After about an hour of resting my eyes there was a doe and a fawn out in the field at the other side, so I just sat back and watched them feed. Not too long after they disappeared I had a train of does and fawns come out about 80 yards away from me, I watched them feed all over and a nice lone doe came walking right into my range. This year I don't have time to hunt for a nice buck, so all I really care about is meat in the freezer and no tag soup. She came with in 18 yards, I pulled my bow back put my pin on the vitals and let the arrow fly. I smoked her. She didn't even know she had been hit, she walked away and kept looking at me to see what the heck was that sound was and I watched her topple over and she was done about 20 yards after she was shot.

So now I have a nice full freezer for my family and I to enjoy. :thumbsup_anim:

Here are the pics.

Copy of IMG_0444.jpg

Copy of IMG_0449.jpg

Copy of IMG_1106.JPG