time well spent

esoxansteel

On monday I went muskie fishing, and had a very large fish, show herself throwing a pounder bulldog, she followed lazily behind, and slowly buggered off as i went into a figure eight, i repeated another cast with a walleye colored jerkbait that i make, and she came again with more interest, and speed, and i got her to follow a wide figure eight for 2 turns and then she lost interest, went back today and had one small fish and 2 follows for my efforts, assuming that the fish was still in the vicinity, i showed back up 15 minutes before moon-rise, and caught her 5 minutes after moon-rise, on a pounder bulldog, she completely engulfed the bulldog, and i could only see the leader, assuming that this was gone to be tough to extract the hooks, the knipex cutters made short work out of the extraction, well worth the 50.00, the fish was exhausted, and even with the 47 degree water temp, i spent 50 minutes with my hands in the water holding the musky upright until she had the strenght to remain upright herself, i then watched her for another half hour swim upright but on the surface, she finally had enough of that, and with one tail flick, waved goodby, with muskies been a top end predator in most waters, they are very delicate and expend alot of energy during battle, sometimes it just takes longer to revive the fish before release, it is time well spent.

fish was just over 48 without a tail pinch, and a 19 inch girth I was most intriqued that the fish was seen 2 days prior, and today been relatively slow fish wise, decided to return to that fish during a peak solurable time(moon rise) and she decided it was time 2 eat, and also after over a hour a successful release was achieved, i have caught a few that were larger, but that was one if not the most memorable one, the so called plan coming together.