Seat Belt Law

skeeter

It's called a Communist State Lew ! Do as we say... :o

It's so ironic isn't it ??

We're preached to constantly on how seat belts save lives...which they do...and if we don't wear them we'll be fined, but when it comes to making even MORE money they decide seatbelts AREN'T needed and jam as many standing patrons on a bus as they can shove through the doors.

A lady was killed on a Toronto bus last month when they hit a truck, I wonder if she was strapped in ??

Just wait till a bus that's filled over capacity with high school kids gets in a collision....yeah, very hypocritical but to play devils advocate, how many mvcs involving buses are there compared to personal passenger vehicles, and how many bus drivers operate their buses recklessly like many of of drivers on the road do....

i used to work for the unnamed bus company in hamilton. the large articulated buses you see would have over 200 souls on board when school let out. had more passengers than a regional jet - but no seatblets, and over 130 of them would be standing...

the rest would be perfecting their graffiti, or smoking weed, or getting pregnant.

Edited by smally21

A really good friend of mine and my familys was just going home after a long day at work , no seats on street car she had to STAND . Street car gets cut off puts brakes to the metal , she falls down into the hole that is the stairs to the back doors . Major brain damage , sorry to say but maybe better she died . Two children 4 and 7 left with a mother that will never reach that age .24 huor supervision cant talk cant move the left side of her body , who is to change her diapers who is to roll her over so the uncers dont get to deep ,WHY WHY , I do not and I dont care what you say , understand why people can be allowed to stand in a moveing vehicle let alone pay for it, and I get fined for not wearing my set belt ,I wear seat belts all the time but how does the ttc get away from this ???? .

The way you sit in a car make it more feasible for different size people to use the seat belt.

In a school bus seat,all kids would have to have bolster seat for the correct fit.

The seat belt law was mostly lobbied by insurance companies.

The average life insurance pay out for death 250000,Top with another 40000 for accidental death.

Then cost of repair and lawyer fee's and the list goes on. The cost of a injury victim.00000, we the tax payers pay it.

Edited by Tybo

The way you sit in a car make it more feasible for different size people to use the seat belt.

In a school bus seat,all kids would have to have bolster seat for the correct fit.

The seat belt law was mostly lobbied by insurance companies.

The average life insurance pay out for death 250000,Top with another 40000 for accidental death.

Then cost of repair and lawyer fee's and the list goes on. The cost of a injury victim.00000, we the tax payers pay it.

SO sad but your right TY

Edited by capt bruce

Amazing eh Dan ! Winternet all year long here it seems now. Fishing posts get 4 replies. :(

This has been an interesting discussion that nobody is being forced to take part in Wayne, and has absolutely nothing to do with winternet.

And if somebodies fishing post only receives 4 replies, well, there may just be a reason for that.

if you don't like it don't read it.

just because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean you have to crap on it. alot of emergency services and law enforcement people share

the site too. they might want to share some experiences and raise some safety issues. you think everyone is interested in plane parts? don't see any of us going after you.

you know the geeks that couldn't make the football team said sports were dumb.

Edited by smally21

zing! well played Mauer!

Sorry man, I haven't been fishing in ages....only went out three times and that was with my little one

Haha Mauer.

Darn paid duty must be cutting into your fishing time.whistling.gif

But seriously, your input is appreciated here, 100%. smile.gif

To the op, wearing my seatbelt is instinct now... unless i"m on ice or in some trails. I don't understand why anybody wouldn't wear one on the road.

I always wear mine by habbit while driving. Never seem to remember when I'm in the passanger seat..

if you don't like it don't read it.

just because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean you have to crap on it. alot of emergency services and law enforcement people share

the site too. they might want to share some experiences and raise some safety issues. you think everyone is interested in plane parts? don't see any of us going after you.

you know the geeks that couldn't make the football team said sports were dumb.

He was clearly just stating the fact that it's a fishing forum and every one seems more interested in other things lately. Irish is usually the first guy to help you out with a non fishing related question...

Edited by GoneFishin

no, he is looking down his nose at the post and the 40 or so guys that have added to it and the 1200 that have viewed it. anything that doesn't meet the exacting standards of the guard is accused of being winternet.

interesting take on the football comment, ill give ya that.