What a beautiful day

bigugli

Well it was an utterly gorgeous day out there. Light winds and bluebird skies and co-operative fish.

Met up with CPH and BigCliff in Orillia for breakfast. Must admit I wasn't in my best form this morning after a long day at the market, but all was well once we fueled the furnace.

There was a steady bite from the moment we hit the water. No difficulty for any of us to well exceed a 100 fish day. What great company. My throats still a little sore after all the laughing at someone's expense. Were they really basket fish, Steve, or was it more of a basket case? :tease:

Can't go fishing with CPH without trying to go swimming,... again :blush:

As for the fishing, yes it was good. We got to be as picky as we liked, and still had a decent collection for the frying pan.

DSCN3473.jpg

I just finished cleaning my catch a 1/2 hr back, so I'll wait til tomorrow to cook some up. I had a good sink full of fish.

DSCN3474.jpg

We got a few right pretty beasties as well. They live to breed another spring.

DSCN3472.jpg

We are gonna have to get out together again real soon. The bestest fishin partners around. Thanks for a great day. :clapping:

Well, I have had many wonderful days of fishing but yesterday was spectacular! Anytime Bruce, Steve, and I get together the stories, jokes, (and lies :blush:) start and don't end untile the day is done.

To top it all off, you couldn't have asked for a better day on the water fishing wise, the first fish was landed within a minute of us getting there and the bite was steady all day with many beautiful jumbos thrown into the mix.

Steve actually cut my line on me at one point just to slow me down so he could try to catch more fish than me although I think he was out fishing me already anyway, that's why I cast over him in the first place. :devil:

Good friends, good weather, good fishing = a spectacular day!

Thanks again to both of you for making this a day I won't soon forget and I am already looking forward to our next venture.

Were they really basket fish, Steve, or was it more of a basket case? :tease:

I think both of you are basket cases :whistling:

Steve actually cut my line on me at one point just to slow me down so he could try to catch more fish than me although I think he was out fishing me already anyway, that's why I cast over him in the first place. :devil:

You got off lucky Cliff. You should have seen what happened to the last guy who tried to crowd me out :whistling: :whistling:

Seriously though...that was pretty much a perfect day. Bites all day... but much better size in the afternoon after it warmed up. I don't know how many quality throwbacks we had in the last couple of hours but I know it was a bunch. The weather was beautiful, and our banter pretty much kept a smile on my face most of the day. The three of us have been getting together in the winter for some Smelt fishing down Bruce's way. Hopefully a fall fishing trip together for perch will be something we can carry on with as well.

Thx for a great day gentlemen :clapping: