Huge Pike

GBW

With no disrespect intended.....his friend is delusional.

That pic's been around for years.

Bigcreekdad, with no disrespect intended, this whole thread is a running gag. It's been going on for as long as the Dutch fish hit the web.

Thanks for the input Geoff! My little rant was cause I'd be thrilled to catch a fish even half that size and some didn't seem at all impressed! Haha! Plus...I'd had a few rum and cokes late on a Friday night and was more inclined to speak my mind! :rolleyes:

I don't think anything could actually discourage me from this forum and all the awesome members here...I'm HOOKED! I just wanted to stick up for Dave's big fish and make sure my future little one's were welcome here! :D

Edited by Miracon

The complaints have seriously discouraged me from wanting to post any future pics of my journey into this hobby for fear they aren't "technically" correct. I won't ever have a qualified "photographer" on board. At most, I'll have a P&S camera with an amateur behind it. And the angle may never be quite right...and I definitely might not know how to correctly hold the fish yet!

Miracon don't get discouraged about posting your pictures here, in this thread most were joking about Dave as he would have it no other way.

I use P&S camera also and take pics best I can using the self timer some times they turn out and some times they don't kinda like the pics of my daughter and I last week it was so blurry but I posted it.

If some one is so truly upset about a picture because of the camera angle or distance that the fish is from there body and they are serious then they need a time out to get fishing as they are to fish deprived. The rest of the OFC family will point out that they are out of line just like in this thread.

Keep fishing and posting them up here you will see it takes a while for the family here to accept new people heck some still have not accepted me and I have been here longer then I can remember.

Now that your done reading this go get out fishing and bring back lots of pics.

BUT...when I read this thread and went from "WOW what an awesome fish!" to reading everyone complaining about how the pic was taken, I thought...this is way out of MY league! And now I will feel I will never measure up so ...why bother.

Welcome to the world of Fishing websites.......where JEALOUSY runs rampant :blink::wallbash:

Welcome to the world of Fishing websites.......where JEALOUSY runs rampant :blink::wallbash:

Please don't try to read things into this thread that don't exist, Paul. This whole thread was a gag to begin with and a few people didn't understand it. It was explained and now all is good.

Here's two pictures of the same fish, taken with the same camera/same settings.

First of all, let me just say that my hat is cool and I look cool in it. Anyone thinking otherwise couldn't be more wrong. ;)

I remember after my buddy snapped the first pic, he said, "Hold it out more!" and then took the second one. I didn't stick it out very far but it definitely looks bigger.

The guy in the bottom pic looks delusional