walleye fishing on a 'go wiv da flo' kinda day

limeyangler

Hi all,

Plan was to go to Lac Seul this morning. Had everything ready to go and was up at 6:30 am. Rain was bucketing down outside and I think the noise on the roof woke baby Jack. He came out to the couch and we snuggled up...before I knew it and 3 episodes of toopy and binoo later it was almost 9 o'clock!

I made Jack some fruit salad and we all had pancakes too, by now I did not want to go up to Lac Seul, just a good family morning.

About midway through shopping in town....the urge to fish was again upon me. I planned to just put the boat in locally somewhere after lunch. I lay down with Jack to give him his nap time milk...fatal...I woke up 2 hours later next to a snoring baby and sleeping mum.

I eventually headed out at 3:30pm and after a brief detour to town was at my shore fishing spot at 4pm. A guy called Rob who I met 2 years ago at the same spot was there again. Him and his buddies have been coming up to the area for 20 years to moose hunt. We missed each other last year and had a good chat about what had gone on for both of us in the last 2 years.

Fishing was awesome and it was a fish a cast for the 2 hours we were there.

VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9WXP4eDsnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I GOT SOME NICE ONES JIGGING

IMG_4752.jpg

ROB GOT SOME NICE ONES WITH HIS PICKEREL RIG

IMG_4749.jpg

EVEN THE SMALL ONES WERE AGRESSIVE AND THOUGHT NOTHING OF TACKLING A 4" MINNOW

IMG_4745.jpg

MADE SUPPER WHEN I GOT HOME, I"M BAKING THE WALLEYE IN THE OVEN RECENTLY...REALLY GOOD WITH MY ALMOND/PUMKIN SEED/CRANBERRY and PECAN SALAD WITH BUTTER ROASTED POTATOES AND GARLIC!

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

AND WE EVEN ENJOYED SOME AFTER DINNER CABERET AS PERFORMED BUT THE MULTI TALENTED JACK

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CEYHBZtN7_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All in all a great day spent with old friends and family, even though the day turned out quite differently to my best laid plans...not bad for a go with the flow kind of day!

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by limeyangler

Thanks for the replies folks, i really recommend the oven baked walleye, i only regret i have not cooked it that way before.

That fish looks delish!!

Good going sir Simon.

Sir Simon...lol...

Great looking meal there! The whole garlic cloves are something else thumbsup_anim.gif

They taste awesome and make your breath ...erm...awesome too.

Ahhhh.....just reading that makes me all relaxed and warm and fuzzy......then insanely jealous!!!!....then relaxed again.....thumbsup_anim.gif

LOL JB....this is for you..it might help

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dEmt1O5r0Os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>