Thanksgiving Walleyes

Jigs

Hey guys,

I got out on Saturday and yesterday and the fishing was absolutely amazing. Not only was the weather July-esque but the fish were on both in numbers and size. We caught a number of fish and most were above 3lbs, with a few beasts in between.

A bit slower yesterday but things picked up nicely around 5pm.

Thought I'd share a few pics this morning. Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend!

All fish were released.

octobercell.jpg

octobercell2.jpg

ThanksgivingweekendeyeAmelie2.jpg

Thanksgivingweekendeye1.jpg

octobereye2.jpg

This was one of the smaller fish. I almost kept it for dinner but didn't feel like filleting.

Octobereye.jpg

And last but not least...

The big one from last night. 8.4lbs on the Rapala digital scale.

84octobercellphone.jpg

84October.jpg

I tried a bit of both. The jigging worked better in the middle of the day a bit deeper and when that tapered I trolled again up higher. The bigger ones were on the troll.

Really had to slow down to a crawl though. And had a lot of fish hit but not stick.

Awesome fish Andre !!!Save a couple for me.I'll be heading up that with with Mike and my brother in a couple weeks.Maybe see you on the water tooclapping.gif

Paul

Thanks Paul!

They're all still there I put 'em back! They'll just keep getting fatter now. thumbsup_anim.gif

Hope you guys get nice weather (and big fish, but I'm sure you will). A lot of people put their boats away it was like vacationing up north this weekend out there. Should be even better in a few weeks. Just beautiful. See you out there!

Edited by Jigs