Live bait in/near Barrie

crossover

Jacobs on 11 or Troblys.

know of Rack n Reels, but if for whatever reason it is closed down, are there any other bait stores nearby that carry minnows?

Do you mean closed for the holiday or are they closed for good?

Edited by Misfish

I would guess closed today. Not really surprised though as it's a holiday.

Yes, but if they'd been open they'd have had their busiest day ever! The Tiffen launch was absolutely nuts! Given the weather either they are out of live bait and closed to save the frustration or else they made a mistake in judgement...surely they'd have made a fortune in minnows today...

I've never seen that many boats on the Bay and I've lived here 40 years....

There's no money in minnows.. it's a lost leader like 2litre Pepsi at 97cents hoping you buy something else while in the store.

I give thoughts to how nice it would be again... to have to worry about a full gas tank for the car and 2 spare cans in the trunk on the night before Christmas, just to get to Gramma's house on Christmas Day!

Yes, but if they'd been open they'd have had their busiest day ever! The Tiffen launch was absolutely nuts! Given the weather either they are out of live bait and closed to save the frustration or else they made a mistake in judgement...surely they'd have made a fortune in minnows today...

I've never seen that many boats on the Bay and I've lived here 40 years....

Why yes it was... made the mistake of heading up with my dad and betting they'd be open, unfortunately not and none of the locals knew of another store. Proline in Toronto was open but their minnows aren't too strong.

I was out early Sunday morning and came back in just after one in the afternoon to see the line up at tiffen as long coming in as it was going out , it was crazy alright , they should have one side of the launch for people getting out and the other side for people going in , it dose'nt seem to work like that there but i think that would help big time .

I was out early Sunday morning and came back in just after one in the afternoon to see the line up at tiffen as long coming in as it was going out , it was crazy alright , they should have one side of the launch for people getting out and the other side for people going in , it dose'nt seem to work like that there but i think that would help big time .

They could also use extra docking where you could tie your boat up & then go get your vehicle & trailer, instead of pulling into the launch and then getting your trailer and thus tying up the launch. If the setup was improved with extra docking, signage, and police ticketing vehicles without trailers in the parking lot once in a while, it would probably improve the situation immensely!

They could also use extra docking where you could tie your boat up & then go get your vehicle & trailer, instead of pulling into the launch and then getting your trailer and thus tying up the launch. If the setup was improved with extra docking, signage, and police ticketing vehicles without trailers in the parking lot once in a while, it would probably improve the situation immensely!

Maybe if they set up a charge booth,this could happen,but since it,s a free launch,,,,,,,,,,,,Atleast theres plenty of parking,just have to get there before the next guy. :whistling:

and police ticketing vehicles without trailers in the parking lot once in a while, it would probably improve the situation immensely!

I could not agree more with that. I don't know how many times have have seen more cars in the lot with no trailers attached. I bet if i parked in a standard lot, it wouldn't take long for a ticket to be on my window!

Maybe if they set up a charge booth,this could happen,but since it,s a free launch,,,,,,,,,,,,Atleast theres plenty of parking,just have to get there before the next guy. :whistling:

Setting up a charge booth would also deter a lot of people from using it(Which may not be a bad idea?!) It would have made more sense, since they were already revamping the launch to add in the things I mentioned above.