Garden State Muskies

mattyk

Final got a chance to chase some muskies. Its been a while and its hard to get out with two little ones. There was some nice cloud cover. Water temps down here are around 68-69 degrees right now. This lake is crazy busy with pleasure boaters all over the place and we figured the cloud cover and chance of rain might hold them off (It did, but only for a little bit). Anyways there are some big fish in this lake, and this is my second time fishing here. I have seen pictures of several 50's out of this lake. The locals who fish it told us that you can only catch them trolling and not casting. My friend and I didn't believe them, so we gave casting a try. Ended up catching a nice little piggie that measured 40".It was my first fish on a suick. Not a very big fish by ontario standards but not bad down here being very close to New York City.Anyways let her go after a quick picture and she took off after she hit the water. 311641_10150381687240115_646155114_10168524_980462819_n.jpg?t=1316990907

Edited by Mattk