Whats causing this.......

misfish

Yer just full of good news Dan.LOL

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

I,ll go check that as well Randy.

My company truck which is the same as yours and same engine, is going in for service on monday for the same thing, will let you know what the problem is, it studders and chugs for 5 minutes and is fine, im assuming an engine miss of some sort either bad wire plug or coil etc

Week of rain coming... you'll get to test that theory I'm sure!

Same rain we were to get all weekend aswell.LOL

It was doing it Wayne even after running for an couple of hours.Would of been dried by then.Only when I took the cap off and put it back on,it never happened again.

Ready to do some wood there bud?

My Ford truck was doing the exact same thing. I changed the plugs and wires and also the inline fuel filter and the problem is solved. So one of those three things did the trick.

Have done the same the past year. I think though,I may have a punched plug.Getting looked at this week.

Brian, my Jimmy was acting in a similar way... so I did what every good OFC'er would... I asked Bernie!

He described my problem for me! LOL The engine would run fine, at start up and at pretty much any other time, unless and until I put the engine in a low RPM, high torque situation. It would chug and try and die and only after giving it more gas would it even out...

Bernie's answer, sight un-seen... "Joe, your coils gone".

Sure enough, new coil, wires etc... running like brand new.

Just a thought, heck, I am entitled to one a day!

HH