White Spinnerbaits

Rich

10 days left in the season to enjoy the inland versions of the salmonoids everyone is after! I much prefer a quiet afternoon on a lazy river, looking for residents than the shoulder-to-shoulder, litter, snag, argument, rudeness fest that is steelheading.

Anywho, if you're gonna go after the inland fish.. don't forget the white spinnerbaits. ;-)

DSCF6094.jpg

Beautiful brownie Rich!!! Good point on lure choice, and, thinking outside the box.

As far as your steelheading comment...that is why I stay away from most of the more popular locations. Rather hook half (or less) as many fish, but, enjoy it 10 X more. For that matter, I find myself fishing for them off certain less crowded piers as much as I do in rivers the last ten years.

Honestly, my arsenal for browns has changed so drastically since I started as a kid. My go-to used to be a 1/8th oz 5 diamonds spoon. I don't even own one anymore. Small spinnerbaits (Mini-Kings), 2 1/2" jerkbaits (Rebels), Crappie senkos, Gulp Minnows, gobies & angleworms (for specks) and 3" white grubs are my whole tackle supply for trout now. Jerkbaits are my fav way to fish 'em, more of a summertime bait though. This time of year the quick moving baits in the runs seems to be the most productive method.

And if nothing works, drift a live chub minnow under a float in the deep holes, hold on tight.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I would have NEVER though about using a spinnerbait on trout!!!!

I was thinking the same thing but they hit big rabbit strip streamers which have the same pulsing action so I it makes sense (I'm a non-elitist anything goes including flies fisherman :)). Will have to get some of the smaller ones and give em a go. Nice fish and a nice looking spot Rich :)

As for steelhead - like Frankie I avoid the crowds which normally just involves a bit of a walk :Gonefishing:

Edited by cuzza