I've got one for you's ......lol..lol

Skipper D

I don't buy hotdogs that often, but my kids do enjoy them once in awhile. When I do buy them, first thing I look for on the ingredients list is mechanically separated! Once I see that I keep looking. And I tend to stay away from any Maple Leaf products.

I don't buy hotdogs that often, but my kids do enjoy them once in awhile. When I do buy them, first thing I look for on the ingredients list is mechanically separated! Once I see that I keep looking. And I tend to stay away from any Maple Leaf products.

For some folks they are a problem , i happen to be one of them but for years & years it was'nt , i once was told to buy the better more expensive ones and they would be ok , we did but after doing that the problem came back , now tho at times i crave the things i don't dare try one ............

Edited by Skipper " D "

Became unbelievably sick once. It was back around 1975. We stopped at a grocery store that used to be on #3 HWY between Boston ON and Port Dover on our way to Turkey Point. Bought some food for the few days we were to be at my parents trailer. A buddy was over from his parents cottage at Featherstone Point. I had a couple of the dogs we had bought on #3 HWY.

Driving my buddy back to his parents place I had to pull over, couldn't drive, light headed, the world was spinning. Buddy takes the wheel over, I lay down in the back seat, stomach is doing flip flops now. Get to his parents, he pulls up alongside the ditch. I pop open the back door, slide my upper half of my body out the door and it came out like a vulcano! I was so sick. Felt great 20 minutes later though, got the poison and crap out and that was it. I very rarely ever eat hotdogs ever since then. And when I do I wait for the same results to occur, but it has never happened since.

Hotdogs = crap. But then again I guess it meant that if the meat is slimy in the package leave it on the store shelf, a lesson learned in my teen years.

Anybody remember the racoons on the John Candy movie Summer Rental when they are rooting through the garbage can and one says to the other, hotdogs! Lips and A.holes again!

Edited by pikehunter

What do you think goes into kraft dinner...?

I used to manufacter the stuff... Haven't eaten it in 3 years...

The enzymes and slurry they put into it... And the actual cheese... Some of it comes off the floor... They just wipe off the dirt and pretend it never happened...

And kraft dinner in the USA ...doesn't have any cheese in it!!!!!!

Edited by Musky Mike

What do you think goes into kraft dinner...?

I used to manufacter the stuff... Haven't eaten it in 3 years...

The enzymes and slurry they put into it... And the actual cheese... Some of it comes off the floor... They just wipe off the dirt and pretend it never happened...

And kraft dinner in the USA ...doesn't have any cheese in it!!!!!!

Great, just great, I USED to love kraft dinner. Guess I'll just have to tell the wife to learn how to make it from scratch using real ingredients. I say that, meaning I'll likely have to learn to make it from scratch. :)

We were at big gull lake near northbrook and always shopped at a little store in harlow untill they built the IGA in northbrook, anyway we were looking at the hotdogs and they were green, when I made a comment to the owner about the color he said they weren't ripe yet. I think we bought canned beef stew instead.

Bass love em !!!

Way back......My ex father inlaw took me to a little known lake/reservoir near Alexandria(The lake is dead now BTW.They drained it too much and it froze to the bottom a few years ago)

I watched him pull a dozen uncooked hotdogs from his tackle bag.Now i"m thinking Great...Hotdogs for lunchclapping.gif He proceeded to cut them lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise to make 4 strips.

I asked what he was doing, and he told me he was preparing bait.whistling.gif I'm thinking Ya right.

He slid a piece on his hook, threw it in and within seconds pulled ot a beauty LMBblink.gif

Craziest thing i have ever seen.dunno.gif

Growing up in a butcher shop Paul I spent my entire childhood fishing with processed meat left overs instead of worms like all the other cool kids. I can tell ya.. mock chicken is one slipper mess to try and keep on your hook!!

As for hot dogs, wth, I eat'm raw for lunch many days. Schneiders Red Hots.. nothing other !

Bass love em !!!

Way back......My ex father inlaw took me to a little known lake/reservoir near Alexandria(The lake is dead now BTW.They drained it too much and it froze to the bottom a few years ago)

I watched him pull a dozen uncooked hotdogs from his tackle bag.Now i"m thinking Great...Hotdogs for lunchclapping.gif He proceeded to cut them lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise to make 4 strips.

I asked what he was doing, and he told me he was preparing bait.whistling.gif I'm thinking Ya right.

He slid a piece on his hook, threw it in and within seconds pulled ot a beauty LMBblink.gif

Craziest thing i have ever seen.dunno.gif

So did he use some scent on that bait...like mustard and relish....LOL... :rofl2:

As a kid you eat what was on the table , and as kids we sure ate our share and they tasted good . Have'nt had one in years tho because of a few bad experiences well spaced apart from trying them over again , they get me sick every time cooked or ont cooked . Asking this stupid question on here did make for good amusement . Thanks every one til i can come up with another one ....lol...lol . P.S have to find a topic that i'll get Roy reved up...... lol