Lund Fiberglass...

irishfield

Well im unsure at this point.. :huh: why do they need to do this??? its not like they dont have awsome sales in their aluminum fishing boats,maybe they think their fiberglass line-up will be as good as the aluminum,but i understand its not genmar that owns lund anymore ,it could be the new company that wants to do this,i also heard they might make pontoon boats as well the new style fiberglass ones, im with you on that one wayne.why not at least a bass boator a pro-v first,well i guess we will just have to wait and see....but i think they should have just stayed with what they already make...A GREAT WELL MADE ALUMINUM FISHING BOAT.. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: ..cheers

Edited by fishindevil

I'm with fishdawg on this one, who the heck cares if they make glass boats or not.

I'm sure the folks in charge of Lund have put alot of thought into the decision and if anybody wants to order one, go right ahead, and if you don't want a glass boat, then don't order one.

It's just another boat.

Has anyone seen the Tracker Ad in this months In Fisherman magazine??

I don't recall the exact wording but Tracker is pumping their boats by saying that a we respected boat company is moving to fiberglass away from Rivited hulls.

I thought the add was kind of aggressive more like a US style political attack campaign.

Ugly!

Here's the way I see it. Lund is trying to explore a new market by using their popularity with the fishing boat crowd. This version however, has a bland appearance. If this is geared to the family man which I think it is, (i.e. family runabout) then wifey will have a major influence and my guess is she won't like the paint job. Buyers in this market (runabout) care more about price and appearance. It's like the commercial where guy likes the fuse panel and wife doesn't care, while wife is in awe of the walk-in closet and guy walks away.

Back to work.

Hey Wayne, maybe Lund's engineers are just to tired from re-designing the fuel system on the ProV and just didn't have enough energy left, to really put their hearts into the design of this boat! I hope they have re-thunk their design change to the Pro V's gas tank, but I doubt it!

HH