Well, it took a while to find them but once I did

Big Cliff

Finally got a chance to get out for some walleye yesterday, I hit a couple of spots that I have fished sucessfully in the past but couldn't seem to get much in the way of action. Two hours of fishing and I had only managed to get one fish to the side of the boat only to watch it shake off.

I started changing up, trying a variety of combinations and presentations until all of a sudden I hit the right one and it was non stop from that point on.

In the next two hours I managed to land 10 walleye, lost a couple of more and as a bonus picked up a few nice SM to boot. Nothing huge, the biggest walleye just over the slot, the biggest SM about 2.5 lbs but it sure made for a nice morning of fishing.

Went back out after supper last night, landed one walleye right off the bat and then the thunder and lightning started so I booted it back home. Just got the boat put away and walked in the house and down it came so I guess it was a good call.

Anyway, going to head back out again this morning and see if I can do a repeat of yesterday as long as the thunder storms don't move back in. The cold front may slow things down a bit but I'm anxious to see if yesterdays combination will pay off again.

Boy it sure was different out there this morning, the cold front moving in really slowed them down, only managed two walleye and a couple of decent size perch in about three hours of fishing. Decided it was a perfect day to make a big pot of homemade pork and beans, they are in the oven baking and should be ready for supper. Oh well, the cold front will move out in the next day or two and that should improve the fishing again.

Dinner is at 6:00, one of Sue's famous mouth watering pot roasts with some of Marianne's beautiful (VERY SPECIAL potatoes)(not quite as good as Marianne makes them but a good second best) a side of baked beans, There is plenty for anyone that wants to join us!!!!!! There is always room for one more in this house.

Edited by Big Cliff

Where I come from Cliff,Baked beans and a loaf of home made ,is a meal. Dang you got beef a taters too. :canadian:

Man where you come from people know how to eat good food! Jigs Dinner, Moose (done any way you want it), cod tongues, lobster, ..... awe the list goes on.

well done grasshopper......

working on more driftsocks,,,, and you may want to try the purple bloodline twister or green when the yellow doesn't work

keep working the hair as well when they take the mood you cant beat it..

may have to get out with you soon ,, motor troubles . like to fix it 1st then we will knock the hides off them.