Flying High

Jet

The words of support really mean a lot everyone. Thanks for taking the time to share them with me.

It's been a very long road to get here. I first visited Kimberley four years ago and it only took a few days for me to realize I wanted to live here. Ever since that fateful trip, I started thinking about ways to get myself out here. Careers are quite limited in the Kootenays, so you really have to create your own opportunities. Kinbari was the idea that became that opportunity.

If anyone here every finds themselves in the East Kootenays drop me a line. There's a river waiting and a dinner table empty and they both have something to do with fish!

Cheers!

Damn! I was about as close to there as I have been in decades...just got back from visiting Banff! Absolutely amazing report Jet! As I drove through the mountains I noticed every river and ever lake and itched to wet a line. To fish in those surroundings is a dream...and the fish you caught were incredible! Very inspiring report!

The restaurant looks great too! I want to visit one day for sure!

How did you even have time to put that report together? Amazing stuff...and congrats on the restaurant! From now on, we'll be happy with just the pics so you can squeeze out a few more minutes of free time between those incredible hikes and that insane sushi clapping.gif

Congrats on the grand opening of the restaurant! It looks spectacular. All the time and effort have certainly paid off.

Everytime I read your reports I just have to say this - I'm so jealous of the sexy pools and runs you have over there.

Just added to my to-do list - learn how to fly fish and fly over to BC with my pin and flyrod.

Bull trout sashimi? :D

I am craving seaweed salad, spicy salmon and BBQ unagi soooo bad :(

Once I acquire a few more pieces of tackle, I will be on my way...And yes, I do have a new set of waders and boots ready :D