humminbird down imaging

mike rousseau

I have seen it on the humminbird

and I have it on the HDS5 and I have to say it does add an interesting view of what's down there....

will it help you catch fish....maybe

I was looking at some weeds or bush or something on the regular view but on downscan I could see each individual weed and space between the weeds and knew exactly what I was looking at

you can tell the difference between a rock and a stump or a weed and a tree

I'm with Terry, it gives a pretty cool look at the structure down there. You can definitely tell what it is you are looking at. I have a 9 series humminbird combo without it and if I was replacing it (big money) I would invest the extra $$$.

Edited by John

I have a 7 series Humminbird with down and side imaging and I think it is the best "geek gadget" money I have ever spent. I like knowing what is down there, not interpreting my funky old sonar readings.

I made a phone call to a friend for moral support just before I dropped $1400 on the finder, Navionics chip and a few accessories and now I am glad he talked me into it. :lol:

Do it. You'll have it for 5+ years. Break down the difference between the DI and the normal sonar into "cost per use" and it will start to make sense.

And yes, it IS that good!

Mike, Knowing what i know about you, this is pretty much a necessity for you.Fishing has become an artform for you, and this tool should allow you to go to the next level in this artform.

If you can afford it, and if it will aid you in your guiding endeavours, go for it.

If you register your service as a bussiness, you can claim it and all your tackle as a bussiness expense also.Gonefishing.gifclapping.gif Even a new boat. Think about that for a bitw00t.gif

Might wanna have a little chat with an accountant Paul/Mike! They are not direct expenses... you can take CCA on the electonics and boat ..but you can't claim them outright, nor is it a direct expense against income in anyway. They become assets and you can deduct the Capital Cost Allowance each year.. only 50% of same in the first year of use.

Might wanna have a little chat with an accountant Paul/Mike! They are not direct expenses... you can take CCA on the electonics and boat ..but you can't claim them outright, nor is it a direct expense against income in anyway. They become assets and you can deduct the Capital Cost Allowance each year.. only 50% of same in the first year of use.

Interesting Wayne. i know that when i buy equipment such as computers,shelving,office furniture etc, i claim it as a bussines expense.My CA insists that i buy new eqipment yearly to reduce my taxble bussness income.Even my company vehicule is a deduction, as long as i have another vehicule registered to me personally.

Wouldnt it be the same? All of these would be tools used to operate his bussiness.dunno.gif

Now i'm not sure, mellow.gif

Oh well,,,,as you were everyonebiggrin.gif

Go read your corp tax returns Paul. Your vehicle is depreciable (CCA)unless it's a lease, then it's a direct expense. Good luck getting a boat on lease, but it could probably be done with a few twists and turns. Computers are not direct expenses, but at least they upped the CCA to 45% per year.. you can only take 1/2 that in the first year of use. I suspect a boat is 30% CCA, the same as a vehicle.

Edited by irishfield

Go read your corp tax returns Paul. Your vehicle is depreciable (CCA)unless it's a lease, then it's a direct expense. Good luck getting a boat on lease, but it could probably be done with a few twists and turns. Computers are not direct expenses, but at least they upped the CCA to 45% per year.. you can only take 1/2 that in the first year of use. I suspect a boat is 30% CCA, the same as a vehicle.

mellow.gif Shows ya what i know. Thats why the wife does the books, and i do purchasing and marketing. Ya my Ranger is a lease, but dont tell uncle Sam i use it to pull my boatrofl2.gif

mellow.gif Shows ya what i know. Thats why the wife does the books, and i do purchasing and marketing. Ya my Ranger is a lease, but dont tell uncle Sam i use it to pull my boatrofl2.gif

I won't tell Uncle Sam, but I may have a convo with Grampa Steven..... :tease: