Sign in to follow this  
bigugli

A day with Mom

This year, both our birthdays zipped by with out our being able to see each other and go fishing. So I booked us a date up at L Dalrymple, and rented a boat. Mom would provide a "simple" picnic basket. Even the son chose to join in.

It was a great day and the rain held out till the end.

Mom got the front of the boat and Rob got to sit in the stern sheets. They were able to cast spinnerbaits in every direction and attract several pike. Pike everywhere.

DSCN3409.jpg

DSCN3405.jpg

DSCN3398.jpg

Meanwhile I was sitting in the middle. We had a trolling motor with a cooked battery, so i beacame the human trolling motor. Would have been OK if the oars were in good repair. Mismatched in sizes, the one oar lock was loose, slipping up and down the oar. The receiver for the thole pin was missing it' s collar. It was quite the comical experience to watch me row to keep station on the fish, while also drifting harnesses. Even so I managed my new pb on crappie with a whopping 14" specimen.

DSCN3399.jpg

Later I would get a nice smallie on a harness and my ultralite rod

DSCN3406.jpg

There were lots of big sunnies and, of course, decent sized WGSF.

DSCN3404.jpg

Did I mention thaty the bass were kinda skittish? Managed all of 4 for the day.

DSCN3401.jpg

I am now whooped and pooped.

Awesome report Bruce.Ma looks like a real pro on the boat ! Good on you for getting her out there with you.

Paul

Awesome report Bruce.Ma looks like a real pro on the boat ! Good on you for getting her out there with you.

Paul

Mom is more than capable of putting most fellas to shame when it comes to fishin. I love to get out with her every chance I can.

Great report!

My PB crappie(15in.) came from Dalrymple about 12 yrs. ago.

Looks like you had a very special and active day there. :Gonefishing:

Mom is more than capable of putting most fellas to shame when it comes to fishin. I love to get out with her every chance I can.

I can see why Bruce B) Good on you for taking her out :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques