Another new lake

Rod Caster

JoeyTier and I tried another new lake that apparently holds walleye, bass and pike. This was a completly quiet and under fished lake with only one run down cottage on the entire shoreline.

We forced our way through some very thin, hardly used trails and launched the canoe at the end of this long and thin lake. Both of us were hoping to land some walleye but the bass were the only ones that wanted to cooperate. We trolled deep with jigs and harnesses and also did some casting towards shore. At one point we stopped on shore for a quick, no dishes snack and took a little break before heading out for the evening bite. Here are the photos and results from our day.

Joey with the machete, clearing away large sticks.

100_0106.jpg

The truck barely made it! haha

100_0107-1.jpg

A fair size SMB... I landed a couple this size and several smaller.

100_0109.jpg

Shore lunch with cheddar sausages.

100_0111.jpg

Big bass of the day! 17", probably 3 pounds. I was very happy to get this guy!!

100_0118.jpg

Scenery

100_0114.jpg

New (different?) Canoe? Thought you were running an old Sportspal? Looks like a great day!

Michael

Hey Mike, haven't heard from you in awhile, hope all's well!

This canoe is my dad's toy, I have to plug some holes in the 'pal, so he let me use the Kevlar... Its a Cadillac compared to the ol' tin box.

Huge props on you guys! You're exploring, offroading, canoeing, surviving and fishing. Sound like a heck of an adventure!

Surviving indeed... at one point the canoe came untied as we were eating lunch. Cell phone, camera, hat, glasses quickly on dry ground and splash in I went to chase the canoe in a strong wind. 20 more seconds and I'd have been swimming for a hundred meters or more.

I hope you use better fishing knots Joeywhistling.gifrofl2.gif

Hey Mike, haven't heard from you in awhile, hope all's well!

This canoe is my dad's toy, I have to plug some holes in the 'pal, so he let me use the Kevlar... Its a Cadillac compared to the ol' tin box.

Daddy to the rescue again eh? Good thing he trusts y'all with his toys.

Real slow summer down here, finally broke down, decided to put less time in until the fall, renewed my license and started doing some exploring locally. Might even see if my tinny floats this week!

Michael

Not too worried about the paint job on that Mazda, I guess.

Beauty spot you found there.

LOL Jer....exactly what i thought!

I gave up worrying about the paint job on my truck...way to stressful...its a truck...thats what it does!

Great report JT....one day i will do some off road adventures too...just collecting all the gadgets still.

Cool pics too.