Salmon last night

bucktail

Got out last night after work off of Bronte, east wind came up in the PM and started to make things kinda lumpy out there.

i think what they say about winds from the east fish bite the least.

Most fish we spotted where in the 120 to 140 ft mark 40-65 down.

Marked alot of fish but lock jaw for us for the first few hours.

Here is the best bait we found, worked it over 4 times

I would love to see what this looks like on an HD-8 in downscan.

Bait.JPG

Finally around 7:30pm after draggng spoons we switched to SD and a fly in chratruese with white fly we had this one hit.

big_king.JPG

Just a hair shy of 40 inches but slim, fought like a much bigger fish as he hugged the bottom and dogged it out.

My best king of the year but then again I have been hitting the blue zone for the last month.

but like a bonehead I forgot to take a picture with my tourney sign!!!!!! DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry team 4!

Darren

Edited by bucktail

Where'd you launch. I've been taking a few weeks off to do some more work on the basement reno but can't do any more until I get some electrical work done. I guess it's back out on the lake a few nights a week.

Nice big tail. I haven't had a chinook fight deep for a long time - all come right up to the surface. Those deep fights are awesome

Nice King Darren. And thx for the detail. I have yet to land a salmon on the wire, dipsey, SD & fly. 100% off spoons. The wire set up is the hot producer for us in the BZ though.

Slayer

P.RTRD

That's funny because we have had nothing hitting on the spoons, all on flies.

Nice King Darren. And thx for the detail. I have yet to land a salmon on the wire, dipsey, SD & fly. 100% off spoons. The wire set up is the hot producer for us in the BZ though.

Slayer

P.RTRD

Aaahhh, finally;

Slayer

P.RTRD

Edited by pikeslayer