I need to rant sorry

vinnimon

For the folks that are licensed auto or truck techs, im sure we all have swung things threw to a degree. I have no problem with this to a certain point. But when it comes to the mere safety to us, our kids, others on the rd. Then it needs to be done properly!!!

I purchased a vehicle knowing what it needed, no probs on my part. A complete brake job regardless including emerg brakes is always done for starters. Even if what is new/brand new. I do it for my sake and my childrens sake.

Yes Im speaking out only because one I know should know better. Quote You dont need emergency brakes, who cares anyway end of quote. I was so peed off, That in return I said, spending a ton of $ rust spots is a safety concern for your new born, and it flew threw at 350 ksmad.gif Fly by stickers dont corispond to meblink.gif

As Im typing, Im taking a break to finish off the brake job( e brakes)

Sorry folks, I had to get that one out of me. Safety and compliance are my#1 things regardless.

Pm me if you dont want to post it.

Be safe and play safe

Keep our kids safe, they are our futuregood.gif

Nothing wrong with your rant, for me, brakes are those things that prevent the splat or in other words, lack of ability to come to a controlled stop.

Exactly!

So why screw around and advise bad info?

E Brakes have been usefull to me to me in 2 situations in the past 10 yrs. Well worth the money indeed

? Care to translate?

So... you know an auto tech who sells cars and doesn't bother with the Emergency brake? Or does a terrible job repairing/installing the Emergency brake?

And you bought a car from them and now learnt that the guy doesn't care about Emergency brakes and so now you're concerned about the Emergency brake on your newly purchased car?

Is that what's happening?

Post makes little sense at all...

That is when a saftey certificate is issued without a proper response to issues found during the examination of the vehicle.

Thanks for that.....never heard of that term before. :) I thought one of those was a favour from your mechanic buddy. heehee

Edited by ckrb2007

? Care to translate?

So... you know an auto tech who sells cars and doesn't bother with the Emergency brake? Or does a terrible job repairing/installing the Emergency brake?

And you bought a car from them and now learnt that the guy doesn't care about Emergency brakes and so now you're concerned about the Emergency brake on your newly purchased car?

X2

? Care to translate?

It makes perfect sense if you reread the first two sentences.

It makes perfect sense if you reread the first two sentences.

rofl2.gif Yes, I agree... the first two sentences do make sense. The thing is... you wrote quite a bit more that doesn't make much sense at all! biggrin.gif

Post should have a sign with it... Wanted: Translator.

rofl2.gif

...still don't understand what your rant was about. Was I close with my first translation attempt? You bought a car from a guy... then learnt he does a slacker job and now you're worried about the brakes failing from this slacker mechanic you bought it from?

Close?

what i'm getting from this is that he knew he had some work to do on the vehicle but there were some serious saftey issues which the owner did not bring up. and also that the vehicle had gotten its approved stickers for the safety when there were clearly many reasons it should have failed. which is why he called the stickers a fly-by.

i agree with you on this for sure, hiding issues with a vehicle so it will sell is one thing but something big enough to put the person and their family in danger is much worse.

i think i interpreted you correctly, or at least i hope lol

what i'm getting from this is that he knew he had some work to do on the vehicle but there were some serious saftey issues which the owner did not bring up. and also that the vehicle had gotten its approved stickers for the safety when there were clearly many reasons it should have failed. which is why he called the stickers a fly-by.

i agree with you on this for sure, hiding issues with a vehicle so it will sell is one thing but something big enough to put the person and their family in danger is much worse.

i think i interpreted you correctly, or at least i hope lol

So, what's the rant about? Mad that there are cars on the road that wouldn't pass a legitimate Safety Inspection?

Or that he bought the car knowing it had some problems but then found out later that there were more problems... important ones like the brakes?

Did he know that it had a faked ("Fly-by sticker") Safety Inspection and bought it anyway? And the seller lied about what really needed to be done on the car... like the brakes?

Getting close with this translation?

generally on any used vehicle there is work to be done. the rant is about the fact his safety and the safety of his family was put into jepoardy due to the previous owner lying about important issues and the vehicle being certified when it clearly shouldn't have been.

generally on any used vehicle there is work to be done. the rant is about the fact his safety and the safety of his family was put into jepoardy due to the previous owner lying about important issues and the vehicle being certified when it clearly shouldn't have been.

You have Next Level Translation Skills!!

clapping.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

I speak Vinnimon :whistling: , what the rant is about is not his vehicle, but rather another licenced tech who wrote a safety for his personal car/truck and was not at all concerned that the fact that the e-brake was inoperable, but was very concerned about the surface rust that was on the vehicle in question. This is a car/truck that he regularly drives his family in, and Vinnimon is quite upset that the fellow could be so carefree about an important issue such as an emergency brake system.

Now is it clear people??? :lol::lol::rofl2:

I speak Vinnimon :whistling: , what the rant is about is not his vehicle, but rather another licenced tech who wrote a safety for his personal car/truck and was not at all concerned that the fact that the e-brake was inoperable, but was very concerned about the surface rust that was on the vehicle in question. This is a car/truck that he regularly drives his family in, and Vinnimon is quite upset that the fellow could be so carefree about an important issue such as an emergency brake system.

Now is it clear people??? :lol::lol::rofl2:

Beautiful Albert!!!

Now can we let this one die :wallbash::wallbash:

For the folks that are licensed auto or truck techs, im sure we all have swung things threw to a degree. I have no problem with this to a certain point. But when it comes to the mere safety to us, our kids, others on the rd. Then it needs to be done properly!!!

I purchased a vehicle knowing what it needed, no probs on my part. A complete brake job regardless including emerg brakes is always done for starters. Even if what is new/brand new. I do it for my sake and my childrens sake.

Yes Im speaking out only because one I know should know better. Quote You dont need emergency brakes, who cares anyway end of quote. I was so peed off, That in return I said, spending a ton of $ rust spots is a safety concern for your new born, and it flew threw at 350 ksmad.gif Fly by stickers dont corispond to meblink.gif

As Im typing, Im taking a break to finish off the brake job( e brakes)

Sorry folks, I had to get that one out of me. Safety and compliance are my#1 things regardless.

Pm me if you dont want to post it.

Be safe and play safe

Keep our kids safe, they are our futuregood.gif

What does the part about "flew threw at 350 ks" mean?

And did the other mechanic ask him to sign the Inspection? And that is why he didn't want anything to "corispond" to him as in he didn't want anything to do with it?

dunno.gif It's all very complicated... anyone care to do some more translating please?

Edited by RyanT