This really got my dander up,

Dave Bailey

Stopped at a place last night that most of us probably know, the small parking space at the north end of the Mitchell Lake causeway, just south of Highway 48. Holds three cars if people know how to park. The garbage there was unbelieveable! Do people walk there to drop off their household trash? Doubt it, I'm willing to bet that EVERYONE gets there by car. So, here's a radical idea for those who don't know what to do with potato chip bags, pop tins and bottles, bait packages, and everything else they drove there with - PUT IT BACK IN THE DAMNED CAR AND TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU!!! You don't want garbage in your car? Tough, sane people don't want it all over the ground at a lakeside! Sheesh, sometimes when I get done with one of my longer trips the plastic shopping bag hanging from the headrest behind my passenger seat is full, and there might be some stuff on the floor too, BUT I SURE AS HELL DON'T DUMP IT AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD HALFWAY HOME!

And to the person who put the garbage bag there attached to the tree; sorry, but you're just encouraging it. The township doesn't have a regular collection there as far as I know, so it just builds up until the crap is everywhere but in the bag, and the bag itself is torn and spilling its contents. The only thing that should be there is a camera to catch the filthy pigs who leave all their crap. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know exactly the type of human you are talking about.Public boat launch, where i launch my boat.Broken beer bottles, empty bags, DIRTY SOILED DIAPERS ????!!!!!

Last week, i followed a terrible odor and found 6 rotting walleye in a plastic bag on the ground under the dockwallbash.gif Garbage is at least partially understandable when you think of who left it there, but to kill and leave perfectly good gamefish is mad.gifsacriligeous .I hope i never catch the ones responsible for that.

and they are the same people who say....crap why do they keep on removing all the free ramps and why do they put up no parking signs

it's all me me me to those people.........they don't think they do care

My fiancé and I have been relieving the heat for the past week at the end of Dock Rd. here in Barrie. The amount of trash in between the rocks down there is disgusting! We brought my daughter down there to swim on Sunday and she asked "Daddy, why is there so much mess here?" So to teach her a valuable lesson, we each picked up a piece of trash and brought it to the garbage can 150 feet away!!! She was very proud of herself, as was I of her! She also said to me "We never leave garbage, right Daddy?!" What a great 4 year old :)

I was hoping it would never hit us here after seeing so much of that down in Florida. No respect I say!

It sure can ruin a nice trip to the waterfront.

I don't call them anglers/fishermen, because if they were, they wouldn't leave a mess or a bag of perfectly good fish because they are too lazy to clean them.

Your right on the money Dave. The hard part is getting the message out to the knuckleheads who do this kind of thing. My guess is that no one reading this is one of those people. All we can do is lead by example and leave it cleaner than we found it. I'm sure we've all picked up garbage that doesn't belong to us. Not sure if that gets the knuckleheads thinking about cleaning up their act or worrying less because someone else will look after the mess.

I hear so many times about good people getting fines for seemingly small infractions like faded license plates, a burnt out light on the trailer, etc. With all the boneheads out there doing stuff every single day, you'd think more people would get nailed for the dumping, no licenses, over limits, on and on. Now I'm all worked up! hahaha

Your right on the money Dave. The hard part is getting the message out to the knuckleheads who do this kind of thing. My guess is that no one reading this is one of those people.

Don't be so sure of that, the people that are doing this read this and other boards every day looking for information on where to fish. That is why I don't ever post any specifics on locations or anything that would help them. If someone asks me for information, I'll email or PM it to them if I know who they are or if they have been a contributor in the past.

You should see the garbage that washes up on my shore every week! I know of several spots that have now been posted in this area just because of the garbage left behind and it isn't by locals.

I've got a sentence for anyone caught do such stuff; tell them that a family of raccoons will be given free reign of their residence for a day, with the refrigerator propped open. You soil their environment, they soil yours. Sound like a plan?

A similar issue is going on out here with the litter associated with permemant ice shacks. Despite increases in patrols and public policing, the COs have found it tough to charge anyone with littering unless they actually observe the offense.

Unfortunately it takes privlidges being removed before certain knuckleheads take notice, the mindset of these mental midgets is unreal, zero regard that they are THE PROBLEM!

When I go to great lengths to pack out my garbage and pick up others trash, I have no patience for those that can't walk 10ft to a garbage can.

Don't be so sure of that, the people that are doing this read this and other boards every day looking for information on where to fish. That is why I don't ever post any specifics on locations or anything that would help them. If someone asks me for information, I'll email or PM it to them if I know who they are or if they have been a contributor in the past.

You should see the garbage that washes up on my shore every week! I know of several spots that have now been posted in this area just because of the garbage left behind and it isn't by locals.

Unfortunately, I guess you're right. Good advice on watching what gets posted too.

I realize we're a fishing community here, and we're talking about water and beaches and whatnot, but this is a general problem with humanity as a whole. Or at least here in the West. In town here (and when I lived in North Bay) I see/saw people's trash blowing into my yard ALL THE TIME. It's really sad... If you're going to litter, at least leave it on a shelf in WalMart so the staff there have something to do!