DontRockTheBoat and I got out for a bit today

GBW

Hey all.

So I had a free pass to get out fishing all day today after I got some stuff done around the house. I hade the "honey do list" done just before 10 so I packed the car with what I had at home and made a few calls (to Skeeter a few times but he missed the calls) and off I went to my folks place. It was a dual purpose trip for me as I was looking for some missing gear and looking for some fish to catch ;). So I get the boat launched and packed and I'm at Dave's dock by 11:50AM. We chirped each other for a second and he got his gear and off we went. It was a damn HOT day out there and the lake was 80* so we knew it was going to be a tough day. Dave knew that just from the morning fish he got out for. :whistling: So off we go the North (me) VS the South (Dave) adventure is on. Why is it N vs S you say? Well I'm just North of mid lake and Dave is just a bit South of mid lake, got it? Good, try and keep up here... :rolleyes:

So we hit a bay that Dave tied in the AM with not even a good hit on the lure at all. So, we moved to the NW side of the lake looking for anyting. As many hours pass while we tossed bait after bait after bait and chatted about everything while drifting farther North (only because of the wind I swear ;)) we decided to move and look for some walleye action. We did a few drifts and I then said let's set up and say here. It worked out as per the plan. First fish in the boat was a tiny bass (just under 1LB). So A-LA Mr. Mercer I gave it a kiss and set it free so the fishing God's would be nice to me. line back in and I kept getting other hits but nothing to set the hook on. Dave decides any fish is a good fish and landed a nice 11" perch, so on the stringer it went just in case we got a few more. That was his kiss of death and he didn't know it yet... A few more casts and I get a good thud so I set the hook and that's when all hell started to break loose. The fish pulled a few good times, heads shakes and bull dogged its way down pulling drag until I got the better of it and then asked Dave to get the net. Fish landed, put on the walleye zone 17 measuring stick, damn to big! :wallbash: A quick pic and off it went to fight another day. I got another bass shortly after that too.

So we decided to pull up and move to a Musky spot and see what we could find. Ok we didn't do well doing that either. :wallbash: So we let the perch go and move again.

Moved over to a spot where I got Sinclair into walleye and we (Dave and I) got nothing over there other then big bass follows. Mind you the spot I wanted had a guy by himself catching bass after bass and I think he got a musky too. <_<

Looked at the time and figured with the drive I have to get home, we better get going back to the cottages.

The North won with 9 points to the South's 1 point. :thumbsup_anim: I'll be honest, the South won last time... :dunno:

Dave's got the pic's so I'll add them when he sends them to me or he can post a reply and add them.

I know you are wondering about the points so here you go.

Perch = 1

SMB = 2

LMB = 3

Walleye = 5

Musky = 10

rock bass = -1

Cheers all and tks for reading.

Geoff

I have won with a good rock bass,. Should be worth something. I have a similar scoring system but no live bait and every species is worth 10 points plus 10 points for biggest fish of that species. Contest happens every fishing trip. I am def winning this year :clapping:

By the way congrats and I too want to see some sweet pics

Oh there is no live bait at all with us too. maybe we can make it -1 for a rock bass 9.5" or less and 5 for bigger then that? :unsure: For now as we tinker with the rules we have to play it by ear so to say... I can't wait for the pic's either, LOL! He said Tuesday as he just has dial-up at his place.