Wind Chill in my Garden

TennesseeGuy

Connie, you know of course that the democrats invented windchill and the humidex. It was much more comfortable before that blunder.

And the Canadian counter parts thought "Let's really confuse things, measure it in Celsius"

I keep the house just a few degrees cooler than exterior temps and it feels much cooler than the damp outside. A very comfortable, dry 80F in here right now as opposed to the 96.8 dampness outside.

I seldom use the air conditioner but I turned it on this morning and right now it's a comfortable 72F here in the house....and I think I'll stay right here too !! :santa:

Nice lew! I usually keep the house at 75 or so. I also keep the blinds closed. Sun really tends to heat things up, even through the windows.

Edited by BillM

Nice lew! I usually keep the house at 75 or so. I also keep the blinds closed. Sun really tends to heat things up, even through the windows.

I tried the no air thing too. House was like a sauna during the day, the wife lost 10 pounds and my girls lost their baby fat.

Seriously though, I tried closing the blinds and running the furnance fan... any other tips?

Edited by Harrison

Our bedroom is at the far end of the house and has a ceiling fan. When I put the central air on, I also put the ceiling fan in reverse on medium speed and it pulls the cool air up higher and seems to spread it out more evenly thru the house.

Joey, you got it. Corn is tall enough to hide me from neighbors when used beer needs to be drained. Helps keep deer away. Actually I'm more talk than action these days when it comes to beer drinking. Took a case on my last 15 day fishing trip and used only a dozen.

mercman/tohatsuman?, I've tried it both ways, but haven't become man enough to try -40 C. Ain't been cold since winter of 1955/56 and won't be going back there. Check these. I'm hooked on ice out and October trips to NW Ontario.

October2005073.jpg

October2005069.jpg

October2005070.jpg

Copy2ofIMG_2330.jpg

Copy2ofIMG_2319.jpg