musky trolling success

well i started off the day trying some new spots for musky... i planned to focus on rocks and basins... i ended up trolling a basin for a while as well as a big stone pile with no success... the i tried some shallow wood... nothing but an accidental largie... so i thought i would try a nice point that holds walleye and smallies... and BAM... 52 incher!!! :thumbsup_anim: now my day is made... :clapping: then we combed the area looking for others... nothing... so we headed to a weedbed that usually holds fish... we werent sure if they were on yet cause my friend in another boat was there for 3-5 hours in the morning with nothing but a follow... so we tried... after 4 passes trolling BAM... 38 incher on the fifth pass... now its turning into a really good day and the smiles are ear to ear... :D ...we decide to try another close by weedbed that has a nice steep bank... first pass BAM... 36 incher... now im floored... all these fish were caught within a 2-3 hour span... later we also got a 6 and 10lb pike and a mid 40 inch musky follow... all and all... great day on the water...

well i started off the day trying some new spots for musky... i planned to focus on rocks and basins... i ended up trolling a basin for a while as well as a big stone pile with no success... the i tried some shallow wood... nothing but an accidental largie... so i thought i would try a nice point that holds walleye and smallies... and BAM... 52 incher!!! :thumbsup_anim: now my day is made... :clapping: then we combed the area looking for others... nothing... so we headed to a weedbed that usually holds fish... we werent sure if they were on yet cause my friend in another boat was there for 3-5 hours in the morning with nothing but a follow... so we tried... after 4 passes trolling BAM... 38 incher on the fifth pass... now its turning into a really good day and the smiles are ear to ear... :D ...we decide to try another close by weedbed that has a nice steep bank... first pass BAM... 36 incher... now im floored... all these fish were caught within a 2-3 hour span... later we also got a 6 and 10lb pike and a mid 40 inch musky follow... all and all... great day on the water...

this musky pooed??

lamprey eel... i removed it after the photo

AWESOME Mike!

What a great day of trolling!

I thought the Lamprey was a tag...until i maximized the photo.

You promised some nice fish at the start of the season...delivering the goods man!

Great post!

Nice fish Mike!!! Iam jonsing to get back up to the St.Lawrence. Plan on visitin my mom in the old folks home in Lancaster and then heading to the river to fish for mooskies. Now I just need to pick a weekend.

Lemme know when :Gonefishing: