New Member, New Area.

finnigan

Hey everyone!!

I'm a new member here, just thought I would introduce myself. Names Jordan, 24 years old. I just recently got back into fishing and I also just moved to Midhurst, just north of Barrie.

I have been trying to find a good fishing hole for Bass, preferable a river or pond around the Springwater area. I've fished for Bass in little lake and at simcoe, but would love to find a good pond or something that doesn't get touched often and can be fished from shore, or canoe.

What happened to the good old days when you could catch bass every cast in the local pond?

Also, I'm not looking to expose these spots to everyone and there brothers, just have a little catch and release fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and nipfisher and N.A.W. for the tips. I'll have to check those spots out sometime.

lunkerbass- so far google earth has done me well!! Just yesterday I checked out a few ponds and rivers around here and found a few very promising spots.

One pond is huge, has pumpkinseed, and what appears to be catfish fingerlings swimming around?? and the river has trout!! Still no sign of any bass but I may just have to try out trout fishing soon.

thanks guys.

http://s804.photobuc...nt=PICT0045.jpg

Anyone know what kind of fish this is? Caught it in a pond I found, with corn on a fire circle hook. It looks bigger than it is because I had to use a gopro wide helmet cam (can't find my digital). Probably about 8-10 inches long. Made funny catfish like noises, but doesn't have whiskers.

thanks for the help.