Berkley cherrywood rods

FISHINGNUT

Has any one here used these rods I was looking at them today at a local tackle store,$25.00 . graphite 6'6 medium action cork handle.It seems very sesantive and light weight .I thought this would make a good jigging rod for walley .

Edited by FISHINGNUT

Had one 20 yrs ago, wasn't any good.

Pretty open statement :whistling: What did it do, break in two, stab you in the arse? Anything particular? I had a Cherrywood downrigger rod, had no issues at all with it, entry level rod, did what it was supposed to.

The cherrywood looks like a nice rod . Shook hands with one couple times perusing the rod racks. Found them to be too flimsy for my personal liking. I think a couple weeks back Basspro had Lightning rods on special. IMHO they are a better working rod for walleye. Medium or medium light 6 or 6.5 footers seem to have a good balance of backbone and sensitivity and they seem to be priced right.

Got and ultra light (maybe it was light) for the Mrs last year after she broke my Fenwick ultra light. She abuses in for fishing pan fish and had landed some very nice large mouth on it as well.

Far as I'm concerned it seems to work well. It rides in what my boat calls a rod locker (not really a rod locker) and I pull it out on slow days with the gulp earth worms that ride in the locker with the rod. I have enjoyed using it. For the price I think its okay.

Started my fishing career with a few way back in the day, served the purpose well enough. Back in those days i just liked the logo and the deep red color LOL! I would also suggest the lightning rod however.......seems to be a little better rod and still a great bargooon for the buck. I use it jiggin walleye and like it

Pretty open statement :whistling: What did it do, break in two, stab you in the arse? Anything particular? I had a Cherrywood downrigger rod, had no issues at all with it, entry level rod, did what it was supposed to.

It was rated as Medium action, and promptly broke 10 inches from the tip when I lifted a 1/4 lb Perch with it.

a buddy had one it broke on him so off the WM for another same thing third time same thing he is now using Ugly Stick for the price how can ya beat it? Each time the rod broke it was where the rod went together the top part would split

Yeah, they're purty good rods dem dar ole Cherrywoods! :lol::lol:

Guest lundboy

I think I'll watch out for those Cherrywood rods, seems if you're carrying one around you're likely to fall and break it!

Edited by lundboy

Funny how so many of us remember owning a Cherrywood. Must be because of that distinctive red colour. I remember having a Cherrywood when I first started fishing back in the late 70s and I still remember some of the fish I caught with it.. including my first bass on that reservior in Binbrook.

I dunno about the rods now but I'll bet they're probably starting what will be lot of other people's fond fishing memories.