food for thought on firearms...

you're right...that's what happens when you rely on someone elses power point....

I have a cd of the entire course...it was revised and last years have the FPS exemption...this years didn't, guess someone screwed up somewhere...and i apologize for my error. I only posted because i thought that it would help everyone out

You're grasping at straws here, go out and seize the illegal hand guns and the gang bangers that have them, then you will have made this country safer! Chasing pellet and paint ball guns give me a break. Glad you found your mistake.

Edited by fishforfun

I am really surprised Canada doesn't have a similar organization comparable to our NRA.....

So when some crack head kicks down your door in the middle of the night, he knows your personal protection is safely locked up and is no threat to him...not good.

If I remember correctly though, didn't you guys just have some recent good news when it came to your real firearms ... :dunno:

NO need for anyone to beat on Dave! He was only trying to open our eyes to what his instructor was jamming down his throat!! I know the act all to well and I'll share, what I shared with Dave by PM, right here. My father in law was one of the first they tried to make an example of.......

My f-in-law was one of the very first that was arrested under the new laws... handcuffed in front of our 125 employees at the plastic plant.. thrown in a police car. I then sat and watched the OPP, with search warrant, drag his 50+ rifles by the straps across his laneway pavement and bang them off the LTD bumper as they tossed them in the trunk. Mother-in-law..... during their divorce... called "fearing for her life", didn't even live in the same damn house. The police had to go thru a rot iron fence gate.. past 2 trained attack King Sheppard dogs.. locked front door.. alarm system.. locked door to the basement.. locked door to the furnace room where the guns were all wrapped in blankets and taped together with reinforced tape after he moved out of the matramonial house into the one they grabbed the guns from. M-in-law had bought everyone one of these guns for him. One for his birthday.. one for Christmas every year that they'd been married.. 26 years = 52 guns.

Charged with improper storage of firearms and possession of a restricted weapon. The 53rd gun, an AK47, I signed for off the purolator truck one day at the plant, that he ordered out of Montreal just for s hi ts and giggles. Not a single bullet anywhere in the same storage room and as matter fact they never found a single bullet doing their search.

I had to post 2 million dollars in securities to bail him out of jail and it cost him $75,000 in legal fees to get cleared of all charges. He got all his guns back except they somehow lost his AK.... two constables got demoted to desk jobs (but I now know one is the commander in Parry Sound a decade+ later). They should have been tossed right off the force trying to make a name for themselves, Medved and Edwards... they only served and protected themselves!

Edited by irishfield

NO Bernie.. he got screwed and demoralized for almost 2 years. We lost countless contracts as well, thanks to the OPP smearing his name and pictures of the guns all over the papers and TV. They kept saying they couldn't find ammo for the AK to see if it had been modified to automatic (check with your swat team for.... sakes ). He'd still be in jail to this day, if he hadn't used Bernie Cogulman(sp) as a lawyer whom is now a supreme court judge. He should have been awarded court costs and he didnt' even get that.

Even with all charges dropped (he can cross the border every day if he wants to, so I know it's true.. he winters in Florida) he was told he wasn't allowed to possess a firearm for 5 years, so had to find someone with an FAC to take possession of them. One of Leah's sisters went and took the course and locked all the guns in a metal trunk.

Edited by irishfield

If your firearms have to be locked up in a safe or something similar how do you abide by this reg if your at a lodge hunting or in a tent hunting... :dunno:

by shooting and disposing of the body before anyone sees it

:rofl2:

or if you're in a tent....don't sleep...sit in a tree stand

That's fine if you're car camping but a little difficult if you're way out in the bush. :whistling:

To me, if I'm out hunting and camping in the bush storing my firearm unloaded in it's case should be good enough. If it's not, too bad.

If I'm in bear country it stays loaded with one in the chamber with the safety on within arms reach. I don't want to be thrashing around in a collapsed tent being mauled by a grizz while trying to get my gun out of it's case and then trying to load it before I die a horrible death. <_<

In Alaska a big bore hand gun is loaded and ready under my pillow. :lol:

ceeripes we all know the laws and have read them and dissected them out the wazoo. they all have to be locked up and the whole idea of firearms for self defense is moot as you cant possibly get at them if they are legally stored.

in england they added paintball guns and low powered rifles to 'smoothbores' and thats pretty much the end of paintball in england.

a change in the laws as ffa puts out is news to me..as an owner and intructor...not your fault dave!

although a paint ball gun can be considered a fire arm (depending on the circumstances), once you are playing it, in the proper environment and you're wearing the appropriate safety equipment then you're fine.... same with items on the prohibited weapon list like nunchuchu and throwing stars...if you're walking down the street with them they're illegal, but if in a dojo where using those items are a part of your art then you're okay...bear spray is legal too, if you're in the woods lol.... but it becomes a weapon if you spray someone in a bar

Edited by FishnNAutographs