My latest rod build and it's first victim.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

First on the rod...

Rod #7 in the "progression of a rod builder" was to be a med-lite 7'0" rod for all purpose spinning. I used an old school channel lock reel seat to pay homage to a rod my dad had when I was a kid (as far as I was concerned it was the nicest rod in the world). I equipped it with minima guides. Components were all simple black/gold including a plain black thread. I've nicknamed it the doctor after my favourite brookie lure. Suddenly my OFC moniker makes sense doesn't it?

Anyways, here is the final product and the first fish it took (biggest of the night at that). I'm no master builder, but I've gotten to the point that in a pretty reasonable time I can build a simple and functional rod for myself and make it look/feel like I want it. Thanks to spiel for encouraging words and help when I was iron out the kinks on the first few. I'm sure it won't be the last questions I'll have especially now that i've started to prepare for my first custom cork experiment.

P1030957.jpg

P1030956.jpg

P1030955.jpg

P1030951.jpg

P1030964.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

haha... the channel locks definitely aren't perfect. heavy, don't always stay locked etc. but i can't resist their look.