transducer wire connections

i was wondering if you can cut a transducer wire and put a connector on the wire

im wondering this becaus i need to remove my bow mount trolling motor every night and there is a transducer on it... and the mount for my humminbird doesnt really allow you to disconnect the wire like a lowrance...

so im interested in knowing if i add a connection in the transducer wire will the transducer will still work?

and will it be just as sensitive?

you should make sure you keep it shielded

which just means metal breaded cable or tinfoil or shielded connectors ..anything that will wrap it in metal

and you will have no issues

as said water proof it too

you should make sure you keep it shielded

which just means metal breaded cable or tinfoil or shielded connectors ..anything that will wrap it in metal

and you will have no issues

as said water proof it too

ok...

so im planning on cutting the wire... crimping on male and female connectors... shrink tubing the connectors... so i guess the most important thing is finding good connectors that are water proof/resistant...

thnx guys

Neither suggested crimp on connectors Mike (although you probably could get away with it). Terry is suggesting RCA plugs.. like the stereo/DVD cords to your TV. Erich is suggested BNC connectors similar to what you'd find on a radio antenna.

I'm not quite sure if the Source still carries those items, an electronics repair shop such as those that deal with VHF radios will have them. BNC or TNC connects are quite acceptable. Matter of fact I got a TNC for my old bag phone from a Bell Mobile installer.