Just a couple

mercman

The wife and i did our usual outing.Get home from work, grab a bite, on the water by 6.30. We have our usual spots, and we have been watching the other boats on the water carefully for clues as to where the Eyes can be hiding. We get one, but they dont seem to be there in quantity.The perch however, are getting bigger and better. I'd love to be able to post bigger and more fish, but that will come soon i'm sure. I have been getting OOS smallies lately, so when the season opens here on Friday, maybe i will have some good fish to show off.

Here are the makings of a good little meal.

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Nice catch Paul :thumbsup_anim:

Are you trolling or jigging to get those? and are you allowed live bait such as minnows?

I'm only asking cause my preffered way of targetting walleyes is to drift and jig with twister tail & live leeches since up here no live minnows allowed in my zone.

Jacques

Nice catch Paul thumbsup_anim.gif

Are you trolling or jigging to get those? and are you allowed live bait such as minnows?

I'm only asking cause my preffered way of targetting walleyes is to drift and jig with twister tail & live leeches since up here no live minnows allowed in my zone.

Jacques

Thanks Jacques

Spinners and Dew Worms Jacques.On saurday, Roy and i were useing Rapala XRaps and other hard baits,trolling on a bottom bouncer setup up. All i got was an OOS Bass.The 2 shown above were caught in shallow(less than 8Ft) of water. I will find them....garanteed.

Paul

Thanks Jacques

Spinners and Dew Worms Jacques.On saurday, Roy and i were useing Rapala XRaps and other hard baits,trolling on a bottom bouncer setup up. All i got was an OOS Bass.The 2 shown above were caught in shallow(less than 8Ft) of water. I will find them....garanteed.

Paul

Bottom bouncer is an effective way of targetting them and also cover a lot of water.... Good luck with the goldens :)

I fish the upper Ottawa river and I haven't been doing very well either. The slot size means alot of fish go back before June 15th. I wonder if the Quebec side of the Ottawa river has a slot size?

Dan O.

Dan O, yes there is a slot now.... new this year in zone 10 also

From the QMNR regs:

Quote "One walleye or sauger more than 40 cm length in zone 25 between March 1 and 31 and between May 20 and June 15, 2011 (Note1 )." Unquote

Zone 10

Quote "One walleye less than 37 cm or more than 53 cm in length from the following waters (Note1, Note4) :

the waters of zones 3 to 12, 21 and 27 excluding the waters of Zec Petawaga (zone 11) and of Réserve faunique Papineau-Labelle (zone 10)" Unquote

VERY NICE.....breaking the walleye barrier....not bad....it's all easier after that nice catch....GREAT fish fry this Friday...eh... :clapping:

Looks like with everything I have been doing here in the back 40 my first (I hope) walleye will come next week sometime by Cliffs.... :whistling:

Again, nice catch and nice perch to boot...

Bob