area of the lake to warm fastest?

sconceptor

Which area of a lake tends to warm fastest? I thought it was the north west bays because sun hits it more in the morning and thought the day. Night time it gets darker faster though. Southeast shorelines get more shade so they warm up less? Rock warms faster than mud too.

Am I correct or what?

Riddle me this?

WHY you looking for warm water??

I would say that it depends on the lake. Your not going to change the geography of the land your in. So in one lake it could be different than in another you just have to spend the time learning the lay of the land.

IE. the lake I fish has 3 natuaral springs at diffrent depths along with on average 25ft shalows to a 12-20ft drop off .

Finding the fish can be a chalange even though I have fished this lake for the past 35 yrs.

Edited by saltydawg

Weed growth and some fish prefer warmer water in the spring. I've read articles which mention warmer bays and water areas work good spots for pike in the spring. I've noticed it on a few lakes I've fished too for both Walleye and Pike.

If you're near Pickering, fish are going to the outflow of the nuclear plant because of the warm water.

Walleye might be holding near warmer rock areas or where some weeds are beginning to grow.

Dark coloured bottoms like black muck warm faster as they absorb light/heat than lighter bottoms that reflect light ( think black cars and cars seat as opposed to lighter colours ) that being said I suspect wind would be the biggest factor, the warm surface water piling up on the windward shore and cold water welling up on the lee shore.

When they are geting ready to spawn then yes.. spawning is done down here .IF the forcast for the next week is rite then the only thing you will see as for pike is them moving into deep water and as my father used to say they loose thier teeth until mid August.

Last wknd I saw no decent bass beds so stay on the drop offs and leave the bass alone and that goes for everyone.

Just my take on what I saw...

Riddle me this?

WHY you looking for warm water??

Some days, a few degrees warmer makes all the difference. Not just warm-water species. I have been on trout lakes where a 1 or 2 degree rise in temps is the difference between getting bit and casting.

as my father used to say they loose thier teeth until mid August.

People still believe that?

Muddy bays heat up faster then rock,mud absorbs the heat throughout the day and releases it slower at night, rock reflects the heat.Darker the mud the more heat is absorbed which in turn warms the water.Water temperature is probably the single biggest factor in finding fish in the spring, at least feeding fish.