Had my Truck Bed Line-x'd Today

Dutch

I had the bed of my truck line-x'd today and it looks fantastic. I decided to go with line-x based on research I have done on the 'net.

I had a drop-in liner in my last truck and I hated how loud it was and how it rattled around. Also, the vibrations are said to rub off the paint, the liner traps moisture and causes rust in the long term.

I know it is new, but so far I highly reccomend line-x as a spray in liner.

Cost was about double of a drop in, but IMO is is worth it to avoid the potential issues down the road. It is a small investment for a $40,000 vehicle that I will own for a long time.

I got mine done in Peterborough, but the same guy also owns the Oshawa location.

They also do boat trailers - would be far better than having to sand and repaint every couple of years as trailers age. They also mentioned it can be used on the inside of aluminum boats if required.

If you are thinking about replacing a drop-in or getting your bed sprayed, I would really reccomend the Line-x route.

Its good stuff. Soooo many uses. We got some boards covered in it, for use on stairs. Worked out mint, and its holding up really well. They use it in salt/sand trucks too, so its gotta be tough!!

S.

They mentioned something about about industrial coverings and they had the floor in the office done in it as well.

The floor really interested me - I think it would be great for a garage floor treatment over the epoxy stuff.

They also do bull and step bars, rocker panels, bumpers - pretty much anything that needs protecting they can protect.

Can't stand the crap.Makes it to hard to move heavy objects to the front of the box.

Can't push a skid over the axle. It will tear up like paper.

If the liner is installed right. You will not have thees so called problems.

Can't stand the crap.Makes it to hard to move heavy objects to the front of the box.

Can't push a skid over the axle. It will tear up like paper.

If the liner is installed right. You will not have thees so called problems.

Not sure about the issue with moving stuff to the front of the box. Linex does have a texture to it. I imagine with some lateral force, friction can be overcome.

Never seen an axel "bunp" in a pick-up truck before, maybe in an industrial application?

This stuff will definitely not tear up like paper. You are thinking back to the "olden days" when everyone and their uncle were installing some sort of roll-on box liner with a paint roller in their driveway. Like you said, properly etched and prepped their should be no issues.

Line-x has a lifetime warranty, so I am comfortable with that backing from the manufacturer.

Here is apic of the work - looks great IMO.

dscf0953y.jpg

I wanted a special custom tint job, didn't even have to pay extra for that.....lol.

Yep, just the rain.

Here is a closer up picture that shows the texture better:

dscf0954u.jpg

Edited by Dutch

I could see it maybe being a pita sliding heavy stuff over the axle, but that is the only downside I can see to it. If its something that heavy, your gonna need a lift to get it in there in the first place, no? Sure beats crap sliding all over the freakin place everytime you hit the gas or brakes!!!

The stuff is bullet proof. I'd love to see it rip up like paper. I just can't see that happening.

It is expensive, but the lifetime warranty is good. How much did it cost for the full bed??

S.

Mines only a short box and I didn't have to go over the rails. List price was $530, 8 foot bed is $570, over the rails was $40 more I think.

Always room to negotiate - it doesn't hurt to ask.

Really, for the cost a new truck these days - $35,000 plus, it was an easy choice for me. I was NEVER going to go with a drop in again (loud, slippery, vibration rubs the paint off, then trapped moisture causes rust). There are other spray-ins out there, but Line-X came heavily reccommended at F150 Forums, so I did my research and decided it was right for me and my useage.

So, for about double the cost of an average drop-in I went with the Line-X. I also waited until the weather warmed up a bit before getting it done, not that I had read otherwise, to the contrary, but I just felt better and I didn't need to put anything back there so I waited. The dealer was kind enough to spray it then let me pick it up the next day so it was even in a heated shop overnight. Real first class operation IMO.

I also looked at a bed rug, but they were more expensive than the line-x so I quickly ruled those out.

One truck I saw had a diamond plate tool box sprayed and it looked awesome.

Irish - would love to see pics of your truck.....

I'm contemplating getting the rockers/bumpers and flares done on my ZR2, I dunno if I wanna hear the price though :) I might just Raptor line it instead, lol.

There are some pics out there of guys that've got that done - looks really good, no more paint chips, that's for sure. They can colour match too, but I liked the black.

Your gonna be very happy you went with the Line-X Dutch, it's an excellent product.

When I was negotiating for my F-150 last year I had them throw it in as a freebie and am really impressed with it. I'm constantly hauling lumber, dirt, sod, patio stones, gravel, bricks and whatever else and there's not a mark on it. I just sweep it out, rinse it with the hose and it's like new again.

Like you say, it's a cheap investment to protect the truck.

My Tundra has it. It is awesome. Before I bought my snomobile trailer I would haul it in the back of my truck, the carbides did not even leave a mark. It's tough. I actually like the friction that it's texture creates, holds things in place a bit better.

You made the right choice for sure. My '00 Silverado has it. This stuff can take a beating and wont even show as much as a discoloration. Everything slides fine on it and it protects. You will be happy with your investment for many years.

Edited by MuskyMike

I guess for the weekend warrior it's fine.

But in the work world it's crap.

I myself have torn it up putting a engine in the bosses new truck.

Are fork lift(like most)will not reach to the axle.So we have to place

the load at the rear and push the load in.This is when it gets torn up.

A friend at work is a part time scrapper.Always has scrape steel in the back.

With in the year he put back in the liner for their was so much damage done.

I can go on.But NO!!

Wow, I just read a commercial for Line-X....LOL.. :D

Personally I don't have it because my Tundra came with a factory liner...which I like in most cases...I don't have any issues with the liner except things do slide around...and sometimes that's a good thing..

The Line-X product that I have seen on truck beds does seem to be a VERY good product over all...and as already mentioned has potential for MANY other uses...if it wasn't so pricey I would seriously consider having it sprayed on my boat trailer.

Bob

I guess for the weekend warrior it's fine.

But in the work world it's crap.

I myself have torn it up putting a engine in the bosses new truck.

Are fork lift(like most)will not reach to the axle.So we have to place

the load at the rear and push the load in.This is when it gets torn up.

A friend at work is a part time scrapper.Always has scrape steel in the back.

With in the year he put back in the liner for their was so much damage done.

I can go on.But NO!!

Thats odd. I must have a different mix on my truck then. I have slid many things from axle to back of bed and never peeled up. Mine has a soft surface only to the touch, the rest is like steel. You cant chip it at all.

Maybe they have changed how the make this spray now. Dunno. But I agree, for the average person this will work.

I dunno, our township sand/gravel/salt trucks are all line-x'd. From what the guys tell me, its pretty tough stuff. If you can line a stone slinger with it and it holds up, its gotta be pretty tough stuff if you ask me. The salters are line with it to, and it prevents a lot of rust! I could see scrap metal being dragged in and out of a truck doing some damage, but that would also tear up a bedliner.

One thing is for sure, the line X isn't going to blow out of hte truck going down the highway like the one I barely missed a couple weeks ago! :blink::o

S.

Sinker, I can see it sticking to ameron like a layer of paint.

what I have witnessed it doesn't bond to clear coat that well.

Or it pulls up the clear coat with it and just paint is left behind.