Turns out I suck. Do not come fishing with me.

Rod Caster

Today was a travel day so I had lots of time to pull over and fish MANY creeks and rivers on the Superior north shore. I have some insiders in this area who tell me the bows are starting to run, albeit not fully since it's been cold.

The rivers are very fast and quite murky. I spoke to a few guys who were catching a few fish but I got SQUAT.

One hefty sucker was all I managed to drag in. Two days ago I scratched the paint job off my truck and today I scratched the skin off my arms walking through some very dense forest. I was sure I'd have an amazing turnout today.... but my optimism has turned to self deprication. I should have time to fish after work tomorrow... I want nothing more than to post a nice c & r report for all you nice folks.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow night, you can assume my gear is somewhere in lake superior. mellow.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

None the less a day of trying is better than the alternative

Edited by Rod Caster

Turns out I suck. Do not come fishing with me.

hum, there are a few people here that can say that and I have fished with them and well, I have been one of them to say that.

Well. you are on team 8, don't make me send you over to team 2... :whistling:

hum, there are a few people here that can say that and I have fished with them and well, I have been one of them to say that.

Well. you are on team 8, don't make me send you over to team 2... whistling.gif

You might be able to trade me for a used bus or something.

Well. you are on team 8, don't make me send you over to team 2... :whistling:

If I had him on Team 2 I could show him my good spots. Now when I take him out on Nipissing I'll take him to my C,D, and E spots lol.

Today was a travel day so I had lots of time to pull over and fish MANY creeks and rivers on the Superior north shore. I have some insiders in this area who tell me the bows are starting to run, albeit not fully since it's been cold.

The rivers are very fast and quite murky. I spoke to a few guys who were catching a few fish but I got SQUAT.

One hefty sucker was all I managed to drag in. Two days ago I scratched the paint job off my truck and today I scratched the skin off my arms walking through some very dense forest. I was sure I'd have an amazing turnout today.... but my optimism has turned to self deprication. I should have time to fish after work tomorrow... I want nothing more than to post a nice c & r report for all you nice folks.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow night, you can assume my gear is somewhere in lake superior. mellow.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

None the less a day of trying is better than the alternative

Naaaa,you don't suck..You just need to refine your methods a little...Lot of guys get frustrated with steelhead at first but I bet if you spent a day with any one of our more successful steelheaders on this board you would pick up on a lot of little details you may have been overlooking.

Naaaa,you don't suck..You just need to refine your methods a little...Lot of guys get frustrated with steelhead at first but I bet if you spent a day with any one of our more successful steelheaders on this board you would pick up on a lot of little details you may have been overlooking.

You are exactly right Chris. I'm a Walleye/pike/speck guy at heart and only had access to steelhead waters as of last year. More practice, some mentoring and a wee bit of confidence will go a long way. I'm a persistent guy, so I'll learn quick. You'll see more positive reports out of me soon.

I had to vent though haha.

If I had him on Team 2 I could show him my good spots. Now when I take him out on Nipissing I'll take him to my C,D, and E spots lol.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! take him to Skeeter's spots! No, wait, I gave him some recently... :rolleyes:

Edited by GBW

Well. you are on team 8, don't make me send you over to team 2... whistling.gif

WHAT??

GBW ??

I dont speak for the team but any one who is willing to put the effort into catching fish is OK in my book..

Send him over.

Hang in there bro. My first year steelie fishing, I got 18 !(3years ago) I thought it was easy peasy ! Last year I got SKUNKED. This year I downsized my lures and line and am using an ultra light set up as well as drifting with longer flourocarbon leaders. The result, 4 bows and one brown landed so far. 2 lost. Keep at it. It can just as frustrating as it is rewarding.

Hang in there bro. My first year steelie fishing, I got 18 !(3years ago) I thought it was easy peasy ! Last year I got SKUNKED. This year I downsized my lures and line and am using an ultra light set up as well as drifting with longer flourocarbon leaders. The result, 4 bows and one brown landed so far. 2 lost. Keep at it. It can just as frustrating as it is rewarding.

Exactly, last week I caught 3 on manitoulin, last fall I bombed at the notty and last spring I did 4 for 5 on superior.... These fish can be super easy or very frustrating, high risk high reward.

Exactly, last week I caught 3 on manitoulin, last fall I bombed at the notty and last spring I did 4 for 5 on superior.... These fish can be super easy or very frustrating, high risk high reward.

Lots, and lots of people fail to catch fall fish at the notty!! Keep trying and be persistant, you'll get some.