Looking for a new fishing line

DRIFTER_016

Ok, I am looking for a clear 20# line that is supple, strong, thin diameter and doesn't have a lot of stretch.

I am looking for a line that is similar in handling to Raven 12# mainline.

It can't be too stiff or it won't work. I will be using it in a semi-tropical area (temps in the 80's F), it also needs to be abrasion resistant as it will be used around corals and mangroves.

Anyone got any options?

I have a reel spooled up with the sensation too, and also find it pretty good.

Have you tried Pline? I like the fluoroclear. Its only fluoro coated mono, but you get the best of both properties. I like it for certain applications, but never tried it in 20lb test, so can't say how it is. It is soft though, that's what I like about it, but you also get the abraision resistance, and lower stretch than straight mono.

S.

Can you use braid, with a longer than normal leader?

I think I know what you want to do, but I'll wait until you say it to see if I'm right :whistling:

S.

Possibly, but I will be fishing some skinny water at times and I think Fire Line Crystal would work but I'm not sure on the handling characteristics. Might be worth a try.

A friend of mine has a guide service down in Tampa and has been trying to get me to come down for a week or so of flats fishin' and I am going after 'poon and bones with a 10 wt spey conversion. :D

It would be cool to get a slam on the pin too by adding a permit. :good:

Might have to see if I can get a red, trout and snook as well. :whistling: