connecting kicker to main

walleyejack

Done both, if the kicker is on the transom along side the main motor, the one Terry showed works great. If it is on one of those brackets you can raise and lower, then the EZ Steer is the better route. Just my experience :whistling:

Edit: I've only used the kind Terry showed attached to the steering connection of the main and a straight shot across to the kicker, they talk about connecting at the cavitation plate too, guess that would work if you had a bracket mounted kicker but would be a real pain to connect and disconnect.

Edited by dave524

I was thinking it could be easily made,I like Waynes idea,pretty simple,the one Terry had is pretty simple,same idea, don t care for the EZ steer thing,I have a thing about drilling holes in cavitation plate.

Thanks for all the input. I was just gonna put a pulley on one end and string some clothes line cable across,tie it together and Bobs your uncle. :whistling:

Two (female thread) rod ends from Princess Auto for $6 each and a length of threaded rod and one jam nut... and of course an attach bracket for each motor.

At Princess Auto there is a hydraulic section. I took a threaded rod and had them put the rod inside the hydraulic tubing, then they pressed on the threaded pivoting ends.

Has anybody purchased/installed this product??

panther.jpg

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/page/112

Auxiliary Motor Steering Kit -Stainless Steel

<H4></H4>SKU: 552600

An auxiliary motor steering kit is the ideal way to provide remote control steering for any type or size of outboard trolling motor up to 25 horse-power. The model 55-2600 is constructed of stainless steel. Non-corrosive for saltwater applications.

Thx,

Slayer

Has anybody purchased/installed this product??

panther.jpg

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/page/112

Auxiliary Motor Steering Kit -Stainless Steel

<H4></H4>SKU: 552600

An auxiliary motor steering kit is the ideal way to provide remote control steering for any type or size of outboard trolling motor up to 25 horse-power. The model 55-2600 is constructed of stainless steel. Non-corrosive for saltwater applications.

Thx,

Slayer

thats what i installed on my boat......works great

I was thinking it could be easily made,I like Waynes idea,pretty simple,the one Terry had is pretty simple,same idea, don t care for the EZ steer thing,I have a thing about drilling holes in cavitation plate.

Thanks for all the input. I was just gonna put a pulley on one end and string some clothes line cable across,tie it together and Bobs your uncle. :whistling:

Dont hook it to the cavitation plate.Hook it up at the steering shaft and to the front bracket on the kicker.

I have one on my 90 Opti and it works great.

Dan