Greedy Pike Choking On Trout

nelly

my guess is tiger musky.. i wonder if anyone ever had their camera get bitten by a fish? haha

my aqua vu camera has been in the mouths of 7 pike to date. must be the perch pattern on the cam...

i often hear of people being concerned that they are using lures that are too big but people should be thinking "are my lures big enough?" you often hear of people catching big bass on muskie lures, perch on 3-4" minnows, and little walleye on big cranks....

Tiger musky.

A 3" pike fingerling will take a baitfish (or another pike) that's 2". They'll eat fish 2/3'rd's their length. Pretty incredible. I saw about a 5lb northern with a 2lb sucker in its stomach once.

I read a report on walleye where they were looking at feeding patterns. I think for part of the discussion they mentioned a mean prey length of 20% of total length (based on stomach analysis). My memory could be off, but if you apply that to fishing... I guess you could draw the conclusion that that a 25" walleye could potentially pass up a 5" rapala because it ain't on the super size menu :huh: