Need to have some Boat work done in the GTA

BucktownAngler

Im posting for a friend of mine. He needs to have a bow mount trolling motor and fish finder installed on his boat. BPS quoted him $300...I thought this was high. Can anybody recommend someone who could do this in the GTA for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Edited by Boss

Hell, I don't remember even getting a beer out of this guy... I gotta look into that!

O5.jpg

As for $300 to install a trolling motor AND a fish finder... I can see that amount pretty quick if they are supplying the circuit breaker for the TMotor and possibly a socket/plug.

What kind of boat.. ie how hard is access to where stuff needs to go.. where wires need to run, etc?

Hell, I don't remember even getting a beer out of this guy... I gotta look into that!

O5.jpg

As for $300 to install a trolling motor AND a fish finder... I can see that amount pretty quick if they are supplying the circuit breaker for the TMotor and possibly a socket/plug.

What kind of boat.. ie how hard is access to where stuff needs to go.. where wires need to run, etc?

14' Misty River....pretty easy to run wires on it. Other then the casting deck, mostly everything is exposed.

And did that quote include items like the $50 circuit breaker and a power socket to plug into? Still stuff he needs even if someone jumps up to help wire things up for him. I'm 2 hours North and a tad strapped for time.

Not to mention wire ain't free. :whistling:

Mounting the battery as well, likely they would use a battery tray, socket/receptical, breaker, possibly a connection for a charger etc...Add in the materials and its likely only about 100 bucks labour. So its not that unreasonable of a price. Mind you I would do it myself if it was my boat.

I re wiried my Lund and im no electrician... I googled all the wiring diagrams and the end result was nice...

I may be Canadas Worst Handyman, but yesterday was able to install MinnKota Terrova trolling motor bracket and motor, move batteries from back to front compartment, upgrade to 24 volt system with battery trays, minnkota circuit braker, as well as 2 bank charger. Ran wiring through conduit by attaching old 12 volt wiring and pulling through. Ended up working out well!!

Last year installed my Lowrance HDS system myself. Was a little more tricky attaching power lines to fuse ( under driver console, but had problems at all.

You can do it!!

If you guys don't want to try to tackle it yourselves, contact Brian from JB's Fishing Depot. He rigs boats as well. I don't know what he'd charge but I do know that the job will be done right. He's a stickler for the details.