boat registration

buckster

Was Canada Customs service for free..then I heard it was changing over so you could go to any Social Security/Services Canada or something like that...but note that Temagami Marine no longer goes to North Bay and do them...they fax them into

Services Canada

Pleasure Craft Licence Ctr.

Fredericton, NB

E3B 5G4

Fax number 506-462-5322

required..

Front of existing licence

Back of licence signed over to new owner and new owner has completed appropriate section

Complete an "Application for Pleasure Craft Licence".

Complete third party authorization letter... if you are doing it for someone else

Photocopy of both sides of your drivers licence

Bill of sale

If you read the link JR provided you will find that you can "Register" a vessel or get a "licence" for the vessel. Registering is an "ownership" and a licence is just that with your bill of sale required to prove you own it. I think I read pleasure craft fee was $100 if you want to register. Sounds right..cause the buggers nail us for $110 to do an airplane.

Was the only thing the OPP asked for when they pulled JR and myself over late last November. It's an easier way to make $300 than bothering with all the other stuff..since most don't even know where their Vessel Licence is. We never had one in our 26' Tempest for almost 20 years. Theft deterant isn't their excuse either...as they don't ask you for ID to show it's actually your boat....so I suggest putting your vessel licence in a less obvious place than your glove box so a thief might get ID'd for the fine writting at least..