Documents regarding the Port Hope old water treatment facility

Hi Everyone,

Hope all of you had a great weekend and enjoyed the amazing weather followed by last nights spectacular lightning show.

Knowing the wealth of information on this site, fishing and non fishing, I am going to go out on a limb here.

I am working on a term project evaluating the decision of replacing Port Hope's old conventional water treatment facility with their new ultrafiltration plant in 2005. Since this replacement took place a good 6 years ago and the initial planning documents i.e. the class EIA and recommendation reports were all in the years 2001-2005, Most of these documents that would have been available online are not online anymore...

Thus I call out to all residents of Port hope on this forum. I know it is a long shot, but would any of you have downloaded any such document and stored them electronically for your records. I have contacted the Treatment plant and the kind Operators at the plant will be sending me some documentation in the morning. However I was hoping that there might be some more info here on this site. I have alot of information on the new plant but cannot seem to find any info out there on the old plant and costs of the old facility. Any information would be more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Nigel

Have you tried with the local municipal goverment?

All those files should be backed up electronically there.

Also the maintenace department often have there own copies of documents including O & M as well as tender documents, as builts and most importantly for you pre design.

Find out from the operators what the dates are of the upgrades and expansions thru the years, when you contact there headquarters most of the times the documents are stored as a number such as PW-87-098. PW is for public works 87is the year and the following number is the document number.

That will save alot of time.

Wish i couold help more but municipality document storage systems are often custom built software.

Darren

Ai Caramba! When it rains it pours!

My apologies to all of you. Should've known better than to throw in the towel early on here. Figured it was a real longshot….once again my apologies.

A million thanks for all the suggestions. I had all the documentation available online on the topic and so was looking for old hidden stuff that I couldn't find in the archives. Fortunately I got in touch with Geoff Morgan, one of the plant operators. Top notch guy who went out of his way this afternoon to provide me with documentation that answered all my questions for now. He sounded like a fisherman, so in the odd chance that he might be a member or lurker on the site..A big thank you Geoff!

Irish and Terry, thanks for keeping this post alive.

Darren, thank you for the tip on the Public works documents. I know I will be digging for more info in the near future and your info should definitely save me some time.

Garnet, the name Rod Parrot rings a bell for some reason. Will definitely keep him in mind as I proceed with the research. Thanks!

Nofish4me, thanks for the suggestion. I did look up archives for various agencies like Infrastructure Canada and the Environmental Assessment Agency as well. However I did not have any luck. I later found out that there was some info in the documentation I was seeking that was not for public eyes and that's why the documents were not as easily available.

A million thanks for the offer Chessy! I had most of my questions answered by Geoff this afternoon and so am good for now. I greatly appreciate your offer though.

Once again I apologize to all of you for throwing in the towel.

Thank you so much for all the help!

Cheers!

Nigel

Give it a couple more days. Anyone and everyone involved with water/waste water is at a huge conference in Toronto right now. I'll ask my girlfriend when she gets back. She will most likely be able to give me some info on who to talk to.

I'll also make sure she passes on the message to Geoff. If it's who I think it is he is at the show and one of the people in charge of the pump competition.

Edited by cranks bait

• 3 weeks later...

Oh sorry, I forgot all about this.

My just asked my girlfriend. She said of all the plants and people that she knows, Port Hope is one that she knows nothing or no one (including Geoff. Had him mixed up with someone else).

Sorry I cannot provide you with any more information.

Oh sorry, I forgot all about this.

My just asked my girlfriend. She said of all the plants and people that she knows, Port Hope is one that she knows nothing or no one (including Geoff. Had him mixed up with someone else).

Sorry I cannot provide you with any more information.

No worries Scott!

Thanks for inquiring.

I think I got all the info I need.

Cheers,

Nigel