Fishing Cats on the Grand

My buddy and I landed 5 up to 15 lbs. We lost 3 others and had quite a few bites but they were tough to hook. Water is still very cold. It is just the beginning of the run I think. It was definitely better in the hot afternoon sun. It is worth a trip but not at its peak yet. We fished from 11 - 5.

Hope that helps.

Landry

My buddy and I landed 5 up to 15 lbs. We lost 3 others and had quite a few bites but they were tough to hook. Water is still very cold. It is just the beginning of the run I think. It was definitely better in the hot afternoon sun. It is worth a trip but not at its peak yet. We fished from 11 - 5.

Hope that helps.

Landry

Thanks very much guys -- and nice report and pics.

Hopefully things continue to warm up this week and we may give it a try next weekend!

A rising river is usually a very good bite for Catfish. Find the areas were the water is slowed by rip rap or logs in the river and you will find them balled up out of the current waiting for food to wash by.

Art

Thats right rain bring in the Big Fat Cats one over 24lbs weighed in today ...And it wasn't to bad of a day for me and my clients today going 7 for 13 in 4 hours ...if you got good rain gear don't sit around waiting for sunndy days get out and slam the big cats Rian or Shine they will EAT ...wet day for pics but heres a couple ...I will be on the water the next 4 Days straight should have a full report on the Grand River Cats this weekend ...Fishmaster

CIMG0161.jpg

Dam Nasty Lamprays

CIMG0160.jpg

CIMG0159.jpg

Some impressive fish for sure. Considering I live so close it's ridiculous I've never fished for them.

On a side note, just curious, do people keep those giant catfish?

Give it a shot one day with the kids, its a blast!No comparison to trout fishing, but its fun.....w00t.gif