Orllia open water?

I'm also wondering, thanks for posting. I'll be there for 4 days with 8 guys starting Sunday.

Hey guys,

right now the narrows are open more into cooch almost to the first bunch of islands but the launch across from tudhope park is still iced in.Boaters will probably have to go in at the Blue Beacon marina.If we get some really good rain and warm temps its possible the other launch might be accessible by next saturday.Cooch park is not even close to opening yet either.If I see a change I'll post it.

Kerry

I was up at Fishermans Cove launch (South side of Perch HQ) and the bay was just starting to open on the bullrush side (west). One of the other chaps said last night it has opened up a bunch more and shouldn't be long, the dock will be put in. Had a pretty good dump of warm rain this morning, that and more coming should help out.

Was gonna launch the lund for the perch derby as well... Where do they dump all the tagged fish if there is still ice everywhere? Pm me if you want....

No secrets there jedimaster.Where there is open water in the narrows area is where the fish are released both on the simcoe and cooch side from what I understand.Good luck out there guys.

Kerry

Last time I did the perch derby we fished the south side. The bay to the west of the mouth.... Caught tonnes of perch but no taggers.

A little update as of this eve.we were down to the park to walk the dogs and the ice has blackened up significantly around and out from cooch park.There is a bit more open water around the gov't dock as well as the breakwall.it also looks pretty dark across the bay towards couchiching point which means we may just get lucky and have open water from the park if the temps are favourable and if the wind blows from the south or southwest.Will keep ya'll updated.

Kerry

A little update as of this eve.we were down to the park to walk the dogs and the ice has blackened up significantly around and out from cooch park.There is a bit more open water around the gov't dock as well as the breakwall.it also looks pretty dark across the bay towards couchiching point which means we may just get lucky and have open water from the park if the temps are favourable and if the wind blows from the south or southwest.Will keep ya'll updated.

Kerry

Oro Line 7 and as far as I can see, no ice, BUT looking towards Orillia I can see a fair bit of ice. A couple of wind shifts and it will be gone.

Rob C

I took a peak while visiting my parents in Orillia yesterday and the canal that I fish on during the festival is open but all of the bays on the east side of Simcoe that line the western flank of Orillia are still frozen except for the first 10-20 feet. Hopefully the nicer weather and rain this week will help out you guys who are launching your boats for the festival. The whole narrows area should be good by then I imagine.

OK guys,

fishermans cove is now open at the launch.|There is some floating ice around between there and the narrows but it will likely be gone or easily navigable by saturday.Coochiching side still has ice so I'll update if it opens between now and friday.It's close.

Kerry

I drove past the narrows at 6:00pm today. Ice has filled up in the narrows on the Simcoe side. The ice didn't look too thick, but there was lots of it. The docks are in at the ramp across from Tudhope Park on the simcoe side, but there is still ice in the bay further out. Cooch out from Tudhope Park is still full of ice.

From what I can see looking south from the North East shore of Simcoe, there is a ton of ice floating offshore probably 5 or 6km as well.

I'm hoping to get out for Perch this weekend with the boat, but it really isn't looking all the great, at least around the North part of the lake. Fingers crossed for some good melt the next couple days.

I drove past the narrows at 6:00pm today. Ice has filled up in the narrows on the Simcoe side. The ice didn't look too thick, but there was lots of it. The docks are in at the ramp across from Tudhope Park on the simcoe side, but there is still ice in the bay further out. Cooch out from Tudhope Park is still full of ice.

From what I can see looking south from the North East shore of Simcoe, there is a ton of ice floating offshore probably 5 or 6km as well.

I'm hoping to get out for Perch this weekend with the boat, but it really isn't looking all the great, at least around the North part of the lake. Fingers crossed for some good melt the next couple days.

Keep your fingers crossed guys if that rain system comes in sat from the west south west it might just push the ice towards beaverton and away from the narrows.Still 35 hours away!

Ya the mrs,s went to Rama today and said the ice had moved in. Ok fred(fishfarmer) :rofl2: You should of just brought an auger.LOL

Ya the mrs,s went to Rama today and said the ice had moved in. Ok fred(fishfarmer) :rofl2: You should of just brought an auger.LOL

Hay, me brudder, were be staying at da HYWAYMAN for tree nights startin Sun. If your by bys stop in. :good:

Edited by Fish Farmer

Sorry guys, I was hopin to get back today in time to take a pic of both sides but it didn't happen.Had to make it to opening ceremonies for 7.Not surprised that the wind blew in some ice as it was clippin along good at times today.We might get lucky sunday if the system moves up a bit it may end up being a sunny day.For me I don't bother with a boat but just fish the canals on each lake.Couchiching canal has the distinction of giving up 5 or 6 tagged perch over the years so there is always a hope and besides i decided to throw my hat into the derby and sponsor a fish this year so i'm hopin one of you guys catches it if not myself of course :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kerry